• The KillerFrogs

BASEBALL: #1 TCU vs. #11 Texas A&M - Saturday Game Thread

swimmerbabe11

GoFrog Yourself said:
SIAP. For people at the game: could anyone else just feel how nervous A&M fans and players were when the 9th started?
I sat behind aggie dugout, so I was surrounded by maroon/the fans who go to most of the games. They never actually got comfortable.

When Corbin was put in, the mood was very negative. When we got to 8 runs, they were in critical condition. Bases loaded no outs "let's just lose and go home"

Sorry guys, I said I wanted free baseball.

If you heard in the last innings an ag sadly yelling 'throw strikes', that was a friend of mine...and the despondency had been there since extra innings

Ron Swanson

The TCU fans behind the plate were absolutely embarrassing. If you're reading this, please stop that. You made all of TCU fandom cringe with your terrible shtick.

Purp

Ron Swanson said:
The TCU fans behind the plate were absolutely embarrassing. If you're reading this, please stop that. You made all of TCU fandom cringe with your terrible shtick.
I thought so at first, but I came around on them later in the game. If I'd have been amongst so many ags and imbibed throughout the game I likely would have taunted them and talked boat all night too. They get a pass from me this time.

Punter1

Ron Swanson said:
Hopefully those dbags are either in jail, too hang over, playing Halo or whatever this afternoon...

UnderToad

Ron Swanson said:

Sat across aisle from them and thought the same thing at first. Then I kind of started liking them. I will say this- they are real baseball fans and knew their TCU baseball history. Will be interesting to see if back today.

flyfishingfrog

UnderToad said:

Sat across aisle from them and thought the same thing at first. Then I kind of started liking them. I will say this- they are real baseball fans and knew their TCU baseball history. Will be interesting to see if back today.
I think if you were actually here last night, probably didn't bother you since aggy was so Brilesbag to start and the guys behind the plate were not in your face

Probably saw a lot more of them on TV

Lesson here is show up in person

Tom Brown

Ron Swanson said:
what were they doing?

Pharm Frog

flyfishingfrog said:
I think if you were actually here last night, probably didn't bother you since aggy was so [Rece Davis]bag to start and the guys behind the plate were not in your face

Probably saw a lot more of them on TV

Lesson here is show up in person
They were inescapable on TV. I chuckled at them mostly when they were calling inside and outside pitches. Have no idea how the people behind them saw any part of the game but I don't give a damn about that since Ag won't sit down even in the middle of another team's fans.

SnoSki

Ron Swanson said:
Please elaborate for those of us who didn't see the game on tv...

CountryFrog

So what happened on that Barz hit to tie it up in the ninth? I didn't get to see any of the game and was just following along on here. Was it a straight up error? Tough play that maybe could've been made but wasn't?

Frog-in-law1995

Pharm Frog said:
I will wait until after church to peruse TexAgs. Don't want to go to church with a haughty attitude and delighted by others' misery
Fell asleep Saturday night and woke up to schadenfreude Sunday. Read through Texags in the choir loft during early service.

Pharm Frog

CountryFrog said:
So what happened on that Barz hit to tie it up in the ninth? I didn't get to see any of the game and was just following along on here. Was it a straight up error? Tough play that maybe could've been made but wasn't?
Tough play for sure but you got to sit down in front of it in that situation. I probably give a double but a great play turns two. A good play gets one. A decent play gets nothing but only scores one. And then there's what actually happened.

Pharm Frog

Frog-in-law1995 said:
Fell asleep Saturday night and woke up to schadenfreude Sunday. Read through Texags in the choir loft during early service.
I volunteered in the nursery today with Mrs Pharm so I could do some baseball "research"

PurplFrawg

Administrator
On Texags, they  were doing a lot of mouthing about the inferior "Big 12" / Fox broadcast quality.  Wasn't A$M a member of the Big 12 when that contract was signed?   And TCU wasn't?