• The KillerFrogs

2023 NFL thread

ShreveFrog

Curious what y'all thought about the offsides flag that wiped out the Chiefs go-ahead TD vs. Bills on Sunday.
To me, an inside receiver should know if he's lined up offsides. I didn't like Mahomes mouthing off at the ref after the drive ended with no score, and again after the game. Same for Reid after the game. They should be mad at Toney, not the ref.

Wexahu

Shocked Mahomes hasn't been fined. As far as I know he's still dying on that hill. To me the call is obvious and him whining about it is rich because he won a super bowl on the softest PI call ever.
Not to mention all the pretty cheap "roughing the passer" calls he's benefitted from over the years, some in pretty damn crucial moments in playoff games. And he always jumps up begging for the flag on hits that are remotely close.

He needs to shut up, its a bad look.

hometown frog

I think most of the venom should be pointed towards Toney who can’t get out of his own way this year. Clearly off sides and to me it’s a high school level error that can’t happen in the NFL.

I do think the one area I agree w Andy Reid on with this is that the refs have been consistent in giving warnings before throwing flags on this specific violation for years. So teams and coaching strategies sort of develop around how the game has been called. And to suddenly make that call at that point in a key game is something the NFL needs to address. (I did see another clip Where somebody said the nfl has adjusted their attention on this rule this year and that it’s been called quite a bit more this year compared to last. So maybe that puts some of the fault back on Reid and his staff for not adjusting yet…)

froginmn

I think most of the venom should be pointed towards Toney who can’t get out of his own way this year. Clearly off sides and to me it’s a high school level error that can’t happen in the NFL.

I do think the one area I agree w Andy Reid on with this is that the refs have been consistent in giving warnings before throwing flags on this specific violation for years. So teams and coaching strategies sort of develop around how the game has been called. And to suddenly make that call at that point in a key game is something the NFL needs to address. (I did see another clip Where somebody said the nfl has adjusted their attention on this rule this year and that it’s been called quite a bit more this year compared to last. So maybe that puts some of the fault back on Reid and his staff for not adjusting yet…)
Agree with what you said.

I think the warning thing is completely dumb. It sounds like a fifth grade rule. What were they supposed to do here? Congratulations on scoring the game winning TD. Just to let you know, though, you committed a penalty that we didn't call. If it happens again in the final minute, we'll call it...

Wexahu

I wonder what Mahomes and Reid would be saying if on a key play in which Mahomes threw a pick on they called a neutral zone infraction on the defense, negating the interception.

I imagine nothing. They need to make sure their WR lines up where it’s legal and shut up.

The anus is still on the player to line up correctly.

LisaLT

The Chargers right now:
Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN