• The KillerFrogs

2023 BOWL GAMES THREAD

An-Cap Frog

I'm not really a Pete Fiutak fan, he tends to underrate the Frogs, but he makes a good point about this year's championship game...

I still think if Georgia got in this thing it wins it all, but Alabama beat a nasty regular season Georgia team, and Michigan just beat Alabama. I'm good.

Texas beat that Alabama team in Tuscaloosa, and Washington just beat Texas. I'm good.

Volare

I get that you're hurt, but damn the Washington RB really screwed them. Has to understand the situation and get the hell off the field.
Could hear the kid screaming in pain from the moment he went down... Very unfortunate. Seems like they lost a couple of key pieces in the last few minutes of the game. Would hate to see the cheaters win it all.

No extra day(s) this year, the championship is in six days, Monday; teams have to focus and get ready. Michigan came into the year expecting to win a national championship, so they should find that focus easier. Eye of the Tiger!

Michigan's physicality versus Washington's finesse. Physicality usually wins at the championship level so Washington needs to bring enough physicality to win, they can't just rely on finesse. Washington has not seen a team as physical as Michigan and Michigan has not seen a team that throws it around like Washington. So who will break?

Last edited:
If Washington can pull it off, it would be quite the story for 2nd year coach, Kalen DeBoer. He is from Milbank, SD, population 3500. The Dakota's seem to know football, how to coach it and win. DeBoer is 104-11 as a head coach. The first 67 wins at Sioux Falls.

Side note: South Dakota State and North Dakota State advanced to the FCS semi’s where SDS pounded Albany 59-0 and NDS lost to Montana 31-29 in 2OT. The Championship is this Sunday.

But without Penix, the star QB, DeBoer would not be where he is. Penix is the other Washington story. Coach DeBoer and staff got him to come to Husky after four years at Indiana. If I remember correctly, those were four injury riddled years, but somehow he has now stayed healthy these last two. He should have the Eye of the Tiger and help focus the team. I think he did last night!

Last edited:

Hemingway

If Washington can pull it off, it would be quite the story for 2nd year coach, Kalen DeBoer. He is from Milbank, SD, population 3500. The Dakota's seem to know football, how to coach it and win.

But without Penix, the star QB, DeBoer would not be where he is. Penix is the other Washington story. Coach DeBoer and staff got him to come to Husky after four years at Indiana. If I remember correctly, those were four injury riddled years, but somehow, he has now stayed healthy these last two. He should have the Eye of the Tiger and help focus the team. I think he did last night!
Let’s be real, it took a helluva team to beat Alabama. Washington beat Texas, a team that escaped defeat from Kstate, TCU (in a down year), and Houston.

Let’s be real, it took a helluva team to beat Alabama. Washington beat Texas, a team that escaped defeat from Kstate, TCU (in a down year), and Houston.
Washington had 10 consecutive games decided by 10 points, including close calls against Oregon State (2 points), Wash state (3 points) and Oregon (3 points, twice).

4 Oaks Frog

I missed the Rose Bowl. [ What the heck? ] was that play call for Bama on 4th and goal in ot? Qb keeper with the qb in shotgun?
Not sure, but I think the non-typical Bama QB mishandled the snap, panicked, closed his eyes and simply dived into the pile. Sorry, but that kid doesn’t seem to bright, and I am surprised that he was the best the mighty Sabin could put on the field…

4 Oaks Frog

If Washington can pull it off, it would be quite the story for 2nd year coach, Kalen DeBoer. He is from Milbank, SD, population 3500. The Dakota's seem to know football, how to coach it and win. DeBoer is 104-11 as a head coach. The first 67 wins at Sioux Falls.

Side note: South Dakota State and North Dakota State advanced to the FCS semi’s where SDS pounded Albany 59-0 and NDS lost to Montana 31-29 in 2OT. The Championship is this Sunday.

But without Penix, the star QB, DeBoer would not be where he is. Penix is the other Washington story. Coach DeBoer and staff got him to come to Husky after four years at Indiana. If I remember correctly, those were four injury riddled years, but somehow he has now stayed healthy these last two. He should have the Eye of the Tiger and help focus the team. I think he did last night!
This all sounds very familiar…

y2kFrog

Not sure, but I think the non-typical Bama QB mishandled the snap, panicked, closed his eyes and simply dived into the pile. Sorry, but that kid doesn’t seem to bright, and I am surprised that he was the best the mighty Sabin could put on the field…

They tried to bench him and then almost lost to South Florida