• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

Toad Jones

Someone on here could inform us of the number OL/DL guys Texas purchased today. Add Jimbo's recruiting class, TT's, Baylor and I doubt many were available.

It's been said today,. this is probably the finest group of recruits to ever commit to A&M Texas just might creep into that category as well. Texas did open its pocket today, that's for sure. Even Vandy slides into the 20th spot. The way I see it, the transfer portals should be ripe for picking across the US. A lot of good players were shoved out the door today with so many 5 star recruits staying in Texas. North Carolina, Tenn, LSU, FSU all had terrific signings. Maybe some portal players in that group. We aren't all blue bloods you know. BTW, Tenn picked up recruits from Germany, and the UK. As the coach from Tenn said, we'll go anywhere to find a good player. So...college football is becoming an international game.

Bloody hell mate cant you block that bloke?

Toad Jones

For the same reason your on this forum. I'm giving my opinion just the same as you. Only thing is you don't want any difference of opinion or outlook other than your own. Instead of being respectful your contentious and demeaning.
I'll keep asking though not to be spiteful but because I feel it needs to be asked.
Go Frogs!
Putt's been around for many years guys. cut him some slack. I'll bet he remembers Whitewolf. Now there was an egotistical gent. He got TCU into big trouble years back.

Eight

How many linemen did we lose in the Portal? Did we gain or lose? Plus and minus and then the new guys need at least 2 to 3 years to grow into manhood to dominate. Point is we at the very least are neutral in the linemen category from a quality standpoint. This will not be sufficient for Championships.
That's my point!

you want dykes and his staff in less than 2 weeks to undo the damage caused by nepotism, sloth, and poor work done by the statue and his band of marry men?

HFrog1999

good to see that coach prime is spending his aflac money wisely

I told y’all we needed to hire Coach Sanders!!!

Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Putt4Purple

you want dykes and his staff in less than 2 weeks to undo the damage caused by nepotism, sloth, and poor work done by the statue and his band of marry men?
A few post prior I stated the opposite. All I'm saying is it is a weakness and I hope from this point forward it will be an emphasis and focal point for recruiting and portal transfer football players. I'm hopeful in time that comes to fruition.
Go Frogs!

Eight

been thinking about 09's thoughts on the portal and he is right. there is no guarantee dykes and his staff will be able to find the quality and quantity of talent needed to fix the decay in this roster left behind and i am quite disappointed in the lack of creativity of the board as the solution to all the frogs problems came to me early today

stop building scheissing dorms on campus, stop building new admin buildings and throw everything into the budget of the biology department to start a cloning program. heck, sweat may already be invested into some labs in eastern europe and asia and i am sure some of the russian guys peace "finances" debt through would have some ties to labs in siberia

think about it, instead of recruiting talent simply grow it and while i don't have an intellectual property attorney on retainer i would bet the clones would be considered property of the school so they couldn't enter the transfer portal because they would be on the schools inventory

win, win, win........

Last edited:

Eight

A few post prior I stated the opposite. All I'm saying is it is a weakness and I hope from this point forward it will be an emphasis and focal point for recruiting and portal transfer football players. I'm hopeful in time that comes to fruition.
Go Frogs!

agree that is a big concern though i will say simply based upon numbers still in the program the frogs have 14-16 offensive linemen with most being juniors, sophs, and freshpeople. who knows if they can play or how they fit into ricker's idea of what he wants in the offensive line, but there are at least some raw material to work with in the spring

defense is a bit different and the big question still to me is how do the defensive ends on the roster project going forward in the 3-3-5

still have the second siging period and there is nothing wrong with going the juco route for a wide body ntackle and then shift through the transfer portal

more hope here than the staff that gave us a class with vinny ascolese as the best linebacker prospect even though he had been in witness protection for two years and then adam plant as the two de prospect in another class

Eight

always thought spike was one country smart sob:

"My dad always said something I always thought was interesting – he said if you lose a recruit you play against him one time a year and if you sign somebody that can’t play for you they hurt you 365 days a year.” "

oh, just looking through the juco's still in play and found this one that is interesting:

couple of big ot's including the one from snow that didn't sign yet as well

One Frog Nation

Yes I know because you cannot answer the question! Only the coaching staff can and will answer the question. Hopefully in due course and time they will!
With so little time to get HS players, they did ger d linemen. But few linemen play or play well as freshmen (of course there are exceptions) so the result is that I believe that the coaching staff will concentrate on portal to get linemen.

JogginFrog

Of the guys going into the portal, I think the D linemen deserve some slack. The change from a 4-down set to a 3-down is a big deal, and TCU's needs are changing in terms of body type and skill set. Hope the transfers find a good fit. Not sure which ones the staff would have liked to keep, but I don't fault the coaches for not being persuasive enough. They've begun to get their guys despite the NIL craziness.