• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

Putt4Purple

This is from the Star-Telegram:
"Dykes believes the program could add a couple more players before the early signing period ends at midnight Friday. Then he plans on signing four or five additional players on the traditional signing day Feb. 2. That would make the incoming recruiting class around 14 players with potentially as many as 20 transfers joining as well."
"We’ll possibly add as many as 34 players this year depending on scholarship availability,” Dykes said. “There’s some ways that you can add some additional players by managing the roster. A lot is going to have to do with what happens in the spring. We’ll be recruiting guys up until fall camp starts. It’ll be a process."

That's what I'm talking about! Hopefully those 20 transfers are on the Defensive side of the ball with some meat on them!
Go Frogs!

Last edited:

Eight

This is from the Star-Telegram:
"Dykes believes the program could add a couple more players before the early signing period ends at midnight Friday. Then he plans on signing four or five additional players on the traditional signing day Feb. 2. That would make the incoming recruiting class around 14 players with potentially as many as 20 transfers joining as well."

That's what I'm talking about! Hopefully those 20 transfers are on the Defensive side of the ball with some meat on them!
Go Frogs!

taking a quick glance at the roster the frogs would need another 10-12 players to hit the portal to free up enough space for 20 transfers

not that a bit of new blood is a bad idea, merely the turnstile is far from down turning

An-Cap Frog

What do you think about coach's comments regarding not filling the roster with players that aren't going to play anyway...so they don't take up a scholarship?

Moose Stuff

What do you think about coach's comments regarding not filling the roster with players that aren't going to play anyway...so they don't take up a scholarship?
100% agree with it. I mean what would you rather have?….. A 21 year old transfer with 2 years of playing time under his belt or an 18 year old freshman that might not contribute for at least 2 years and may be gone before he ever does?

An-Cap Frog

100% agree with it. I mean what would you rather have?….. A 21 year old transfer with 2 years of playing time under his belt or an 18 year old freshman that might not contribute for at least 2 years and may be gone before he ever does?
I think it makes sense...also keeps the doors open for transfers...just wonder about depth if nothing materializes...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
you shop your way and ....

SphericalRevolvingAdmiralbutterfly-max-1mb.gif
All I want to know is, who filmed me at Spec's Downtown the other day?

4th. down

taking a quick glance at the roster the frogs would need another 10-12 players to hit the portal to free up enough space for 20 transfers

not that a bit of new blood is a bad idea, merely the turnstile is far from down turning
Probably lose some after spring ball and then right before fall camp. Dykes seems to know what's in front of him.

FrogCop19

For the same reason your on this forum. I'm giving my opinion just the same as you. Only thing is you don't want any difference of opinion or outlook other than your own. Instead of being respectful your contentious and demeaning.
I'll keep asking though not to be spiteful but because I feel it needs to be asked.
Go Frogs!
*you're

(sorry, I tried to let it go...I even made it two pages before I had to reply...)

asleep003

Ajay is our earliest verbal commit, yet the only one not signed of our previous 8 verbals.
We get him signed it'll be 10 and hope we pull in a few more with the rest from the portal
to tighten up the corral!

Toad Jones

been thinking about 09's thoughts on the portal and he is right. there is no guarantee dykes and his staff will be able to find the quality and quantity of talent needed to fix the decay in this roster left behind and i am quite disappointed in the lack of creativity of the board as the solution to all the frogs came to be early today

stop building scheissing dorms on campus, stop building new admin buildings and throw everything into the budget of the biology department to start a cloning program. heck, sweat may already be invested into some labs in eastern europe and asia and i am sure some of the russian guys peace "finances" debt through would have some ties to labs in siberia

think about it, instead of recruiting talent simply grow it and while i don't have an intellectual property attorney on retainer i would bet the clones would be considered property of the school so they couldn't enter the transfer portal because they would be on the schools inventory

win, win, win........
Eight c'mon now, did you stay at the Holiday Inn last night.

Eight

speaking of great ideas, there are four very talented young men in so cal who didn't sign yet and happen to play positions that could definitely help the frogs roster so time for lisa t to break out the good pool furniture, open up the cabana and host killerfrogs version of the nwa wet and wild party

FdowBR.gif

sweat will fly out 3f's escrow attorney to lock these young men down