• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

flyfishingfrog

Beethe in 1.2 IP...... 3 BB, 1 HBP, 1WP....... hasn’t exactly earned a lot of trust yet.
it seems to me that so far we have a lot of bodies in the bullpen - but not nearly as much depth.

Schloss is a good and bad situation all at the same time - he has a ton of options for arms to bring in, but the problem is how do you give someone a chance to show you what they have over a period of time with all of the options and limited opportunities.

Most years you have to play the hand you are dealt because of the roster limits - but this year we are playing with more than a full deck. Need to find a way to exploit that effectively.

If someone lays an egg their first time out - are they done for a while? or just because someone lights it up - is that going to be consistent?

I feel like practice sessions have not been the best indicator for us that last few years as we have had some real stinkers on the mound during games that supposedly shined during sessions and also had a few real surprises that didn't get any game time until we had no other options.

Guess that is why he gets paid the big bucks.

Moose Stuff

it seems to me that so far we have a lot of bodies in the bullpen - but not nearly as much depth.

Schloss is a good and bad situation all at the same time - he has a ton of options for arms to bring in, but the problem is how do you give someone a chance to show you what they have over a period of time with all of the options and limited opportunities.

Most years you have to play the hand you are dealt because of the roster limits - but this year we are playing with more than a full deck. Need to find a way to exploit that effectively.

If someone lays an egg their first time out - are they done for a while? or just because someone lights it up - is that going to be consistent?

I feel like practice sessions have not been the best indicator for us that last few years as we have had some real stinkers on the mound during games that supposedly shined during sessions and also had a few real surprises that didn't get any game time until we had no other options.

Guess that is why he gets paid the big bucks.
When Ray and Perez are ready to go we have LOADED bullpen. King/Green/Perez are a really solid group and there are another 4-5 that could emerge as the spring develops.

Bob Sugar

Call the ticket office. See if they can explain why the majority of the fan base still isn’t being allowed in.

They couldn’t explain it to me. But maybe they’ve come up with a new answer since then.
200.gif

PurpleBlood87

I agree. It must be frustrating to not be able to attend when all other schools are increasing their attendance. Curious the reasoning behind this.

Donati is to busy working on a plan for buying out Dixon's contract to bother with basevall season ticket seating.

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

I don't think we'll be able to go Saturday. If you can meet somewhere near Mansfield I can get you my parking pass too. I believe I can e-mail you my game tix. We have 3 in GA b/c our reserved are blocked out to trigger maniac.
Sent you a PM, thanks.

Westsider

Last year through a 15 game season Rodgers hit .373, Wood .353, Wolfe .341, and Sacco .304. You gotta think those guys catch fire pretty soon. Don’t give up yet.