• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

InstaFrog

Geor'quarius Spivey TE from Monroe, La signed with Miss State on Oct 6th. Just noticed this. Predictors at 247 had him at TCU pretty big but MSU won out
Lets just get this out of the way
mbb8l7zheknirpendadyhbqtwvwt01j409vq.gif

DISCLAIMER: I have not read the entire thread.

Anyone ever heard of Maurice Washington? Supposedly a transfer from Northern California to a private school in Dallas. I hear he is a good running back.

SuperTFrog

I posted a while back that my hunch was that we weren't as high on him as when he was coming out of high school and promptly got skewered for it. Seems some are coming around to that position. I think we would have offered when he visited if we were sold on him. And if his first few games at JUCO aren't enough, maybe he's moved down the target list. No inside info, just reading tea leaves.
Your hunch is way off. GP wanted Willie almost more than any recruit that year. Ask GP if he wanted him and see what he says. We tracked him until the very end, literally the last minutes of recruiting. He was out sleeper flip that didn't pan out.

Waccy Frog

Your hunch is way off. GP wanted Willie almost more than any recruit that year. Ask GP if he wanted him and see what he says. We tracked him until the very end, literally the last minutes of recruiting. He was out sleeper flip that didn't pan out.

He’s talking about now that he has transferred to a JUCO. Frogs haven’t re-offered.

FrogLifeYo

I think the critique with Wille Allen has been that doesn't have great balance. Came from HS program that is 99.5% run and got to college clueless on how to pass block. DE were eating him up. Lot of folks said he so raw when he got to LSU that he looked like a really long term project. The good news is he is getting plenty of reps at TJC as he's their starting right tackle. Reps will help a ton but the concerns with WA are that he might be to green to contribute at a program the level of TCU..I love the kids enthusiasm and desire to be a Frog..Hope he turns the corner.

Wexahu

I think the critique with Wille Allen has been that doesn't have great balance. Came from HS program that is 99.5% run and got to college clueless on how to pass block. DE were eating him up. Lot of folks said he so raw when he got to LSU that he looked like a really long term project. The good news is he is getting plenty of reps at TJC as he's their starting right tackle. Reps will help a ton but the concerns with WA are that he might be to green to contribute at a program the level of TCU..I love the kids enthusiasm and desire to be a Frog..Hope he turns the corner.

It would seem if a kid has the size, athletic ability, and desire that in two years time of constant repetitions and practice, he could be developed into a decent pass blocker. It’s one of those things that doesn’t seem like it would be THAT hard, but it obviously is I guess because so many never catch on.

Punter1

Matt Pryor couldn't play tackle either so we moved him to guard and he's been very good. Willie could do the same. Sign him up. Too much ability to not take a chance on.

FrogCoach84

Google is my friend. Maurice Washington is at Trinity Christian School.

Looking for stats now...
He is at Trinity Christian Cedar Hill, where Aveion Cason is the HC and Deion Sanders is the OC.

He played in the first two games before being ruled ineligible by TAPPS. He was reinstated prior to last week's game and promptly ran for over 300 yards.

TCCH plays at the TAPPS Division 2 level which is a big step down from Division 1 that boasts programs like Bishop Dunne, Prestonwood, Bishop Lynch, FW All Saints and Houston St Pius X; the Division 1 level is loaded with big time next level talent.

So he plays against a lot of inferior competition. Obviously a talent but his stats will be seriously inflated.

Side note: expect to see a lot of talent come through TCCH until they are eventually hit for violations and Deion bails...TCCH is his new Prime Prep.