• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

Punter1

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/meet-top-recruit-who-scouts-cant-agree-on-lsu-commit-willie-allen

I thought this was an interesting story and I'm also one who isnt 100% sure he gets an offer....but Im 75-25 he will. Now that we have a teaching, experienced Oline coach I think we can coach up Allen to at least be guard in our offense,

Plus...we have like 18 Oline scholarship slots. Its not like a QB or even kicker where you better make sure you are right. You can take chances on Oline guys because you have so many other guys that should pan out. And Allen has such a high ceiling as the article shows I seriously doubt we pass that up.

And lastly...I think he went to Tyler JC to be close to TCU because he was given every indication an offer was coming. If that wasnt the case he would have gone to somewhere in Mississippi much closer to home.

W

Way of the Frog

If Eddie O had let him transfer where he wants than I think Willie Allen is on the roster right now.

Get tricky though with him being a juco. Willie won't have the time to develop that a player like Coy McMillon or Quazzel White. Additionally, Frogs are looking for pieces to fit into that line next year and simply provide roster depth.

If everyone comes back next year you have projected in the offensive line 2 seniors (Elliott and McDermott-Vai), 6 juniors, 3 sophomores, 3 red-shirt freshmen, and 4 true freshmen.

PO Frog

I posted a while back that my hunch was that we weren't as high on him as when he was coming out of high school and promptly got skewered for it. Seems some are coming around to that position. I think we would have offered when he visited if we were sold on him. And if his first few games at JUCO aren't enough, maybe he's moved down the target list. No inside info, just reading tea leaves.

W

Way of the Frog

I'm going to fell legitimately bad for the kid if he's doesnt get an offer from TCU. Sucks with everything he's gone through

Long time to go and it is one reason why I think too much is made at times about offers.

No one of knowing right now who might graduate early, who might transfer for a variety of reason, quit for medical reasons right now. Things can change and it may require some patience.

TX_Krötenechse

Anybody know if he has been hitting the weights enough and whether he plays with a mean streak?
I’m sure there are some who know, but his recruitment this time around has been totally dark. No word out of TJC that I’ve seen, and he’s only received two offers this fall (Minnesota and Miss St). Now, this could be because everyone knows he’s a lock to TCU if we offer ... or it could be that he hasn’t been impressive in JUCO.

I like the kid. I want him here and I think that he would be a strong piece on the line after a year or so. And lord knows we need OTs badly. But TJC is halfway through their season and we still haven’t offered, which makes me think he’s fallen down the list.

I think if he gets an offer it’ll be after the regular season when Thomsen and Gary are able to really dig into a full season of his tape.

W

Way of the Frog

Might not be purely about how he plays at TCJC.

Frogs have on the roster right now these kids who project to return at OT.

Sam Awolope -Jr to be
David Bollisomi - Jr to be
Lucas Niang - Jr to be
Austin Myers - So to be
Toby Lettmen - So to be (?)

Niang will be a returning starter and the biggest challenge it seems he faces is will he put in the work to really become a dominant tackle for the Frogs.

McKinney the JUCO commit is one of the top JUCO OT's in the country. He has a great offer list and I have talked to some people who think he could start next year for Frogs at left OT. At this time he might be the most important recruit in the 2018 class in regards to next year.

That leaves a group of 4 OT's on campus who are still fairly young. If CT sees progress from a couple of those guys during this season it might be a case where they feel Allen would not be able to compete for playing time and I don't see taking a JUCO just for roster depth when you only have 85 scholarships.

Wexahu

Might not be purely about how he plays at TCJC.

Frogs have on the roster right now these kids who project to return at OT.

Sam Awolope -Jr to be
David Bollisomi - Jr to be
Lucas Niang - Jr to be
Austin Myers - So to be
Toby Lettmen - So to be (?)

Niang will be a returning starter and the biggest challenge it seems he faces is will he put in the work to really become a dominant tackle for the Frogs.

McKinney the JUCO commit is one of the top JUCO OT's in the country. He has a great offer list and I have talked to some people who think he could start next year for Frogs at left OT. At this time he might be the most important recruit in the 2018 class in regards to next year.

That leaves a group of 4 OT's on campus who are still fairly young. If CT sees progress from a couple of those guys during this season it might be a case where they feel Allen would not be able to compete for playing time and I don't see taking a JUCO just for roster depth when you only have 85 scholarships.

Awolope, Bolisomi, and Myers are the mystery players. Doesn't seem like they are in the picture at all for this year, but that doesn't mean much at this point. Are those guys developing as projected or not? If they are we'll be fine. They'll be 3rd and 4th year players next year, you'd have to think they'd be ready.

W

Way of the Frog

Myers was listed as the #2 LOT after Noteboom on the depth chart and Bolisomi is the backkup at ROT.

I don't know if those are merely names on the depth chart or if something happened they would slide into the spot

FROG PARENTS 1961

Unless the NCAA changes their stance there is no chance Devin Phillips is coming to TCU in the 2018 class.
yeah, I should have mentioned the chances of getting Devin are slim to none. Do we really need his high school coach that bad could not we wait 1 year.

Another lineman I liked a lot who is signed with Washington....alll the way from Houston, is Victor Curne. Praying for a flip. But trusting the TCU staff over my opinion still I loved his film.

netty2424

Maybe Patterson has laid out a plan for Willie Allen to follow, goals to meet, etc, whatever those might be. If those goals are met, he has an offer, but until then, maybe he doesn't have a committable offer. Kind of like he did Kenny Hill, minus the extra baggage at the time.

Just spit balling. No inside knowledge of his recruitment. Just seems like WA tweets some pretty optimistic stuff towards TCU. It's like he's confident he'll be here eventually.