• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

frog-hat

Maybe so, but we have landed quite a few from W Monroe through the years.
Yep that's right. I was just responding to a poster that said TCU had a location advantage over Bama. I was pointing out that its actually the other way around, but I don't think that'll be his deciding factor.

netty2424

He'll change his mind when they go 7-5 and Sumlin gets canned. Not worried at all about the Aggie class this year.
This. I feel like Sumlins situation is very similar to Strongs situation coming into last year. Anything outside of a conference championship and he's gone. Hard to believe anyone would commit to him this year.

Wexahu

He'll change his mind when they go 7-5 and Sumlin gets canned. Not worried at all about the Aggie class this year.

I wouldn't count on it. I don't think anyone at this point is committing to A&M because of Sumlin. His days are numbered, I think everyone knows that. But once he's gone, they'll likely hire a guy that gets a ton of hype and gets recruits all excited. See Texas with Herman. People were saying the same thing about Texas recruits last year.

Frog-in-law1995

I wouldn't count on it. I don't think anyone at this point is committing to A&M because of Sumlin. His days are numbered, I think everyone knows that. But once he's gone, they'll likely hire a guy that gets a ton of hype and gets recruits all excited. See Texas with Herman. People were saying the same thing about Texas recruits last year.

And they were right. UT didn't even crack the top 25 team rankings. Which is horrible for them.

DaCrief

No. He is the kid at your high school who knew he wanted to be an aggie when he was 3 and won't shut up about it. This is more a family thing - dedicated his A&M offer to his grandfather or somesuch. He'd commit to them if they went 0-10

Frog-in-law1995

No. He is the kid at your high school who knew he wanted to be an aggie when he was 3 and won't shut up about it. This is more a family thing - dedicated his A&M offer to his grandfather or somesuch. He'd commit to them if they went 0-10

Hmm, well, yeah there is that. Don't want those kind anyway. Unless they want to make errors at third base that send us to Omaha.

Wexahu

And they were right. UT didn't even crack the top 25 team rankings. Which is horrible for them.

Most of that was because they had a very small class, only 18 players. But you missed the point, Strong getting canned didn't negatively impact UT recruiting for this year at all, it helped. If Sumlin gets fired it's not like all these kids will start decommitting, which is what was suggested.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Most of that was because they had a very small class, only 18 players. But you missed the point, Strong getting canned didn't negatively impact UT recruiting for this year at all, it helped. If Sumlin gets fired it's not like all these kids will start decommitting, which is what was suggested.
And who is going to be conducting the Aggy Hype Train?

Frog-in-law1995

Lagaryonn Carson comes to mind.