• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

ScottPatrick

Yup... but he's going to finish with a Top 3 class...

Maybe but it is an odd class so far. 2 4-star QBs which means you really have 1, no DL, 1 OL who is 6-6/265, but lots of good athletes.

I am sure he will pull in a top DL or two and some good OL but haven't really looked at their depth chart to see their needs. However I do know a lot of the highly touted DTs have left or not performed well so far and OL has been an issue.

f_399

I love TCU but it's hard to go up against Alabama.

Best case is they have too many good players and we can sell him playing time at TCU.

Wexahu

Best case is they have too many good players and we can sell him playing time at TCU.

I'd sell the fact that winning a national title at TCU would be 100x cooler than winning one at Bama.

I get it, but if I were some stud recruit (and I realize Bolden would probably be one of Bama's lowest rated) I think it'd be cool to not do what everyone else does.

ScottPatrick

dgbg.gif

I'd sell the fact that winning a national title at TCU would be 100x cooler than winning one at Bama.

I get it, but if I were some stud recruit (and I realize Bolden would probably be one of Bama's lowest rated) I think it'd be cool to not do what everyone else does.

Winning one at Alabama seems much more likely to a recruit. Playing time is good at TCU, Closer than Bama, not as much competition, etc. At TCU this recruiting class could win a title at TCU and get a lot more credit if that happens. The Bama Bag Men are tough to beat and players are treated well there. Our family atmosphere, big city, coach relationships could help us win this battle. If he does pick Bama how can be blame him. Tired of losing the battles TCU vs. BAMA, A&M, UT, OU, LSU, Etc. We have won more and more recently so momentum is on our side for sure. Come on down Bolden be bold bring a title to TCU don't go win one at Bama.

ScottPatrick

Funny a month ago he was saying he almost committed to LSU at their camp and now he says they didn't show him the love that Alabama & LSU have? Quite a turn-around in a short period but I like it and apparently after the camp LSU quit communicating with him.

Saban got abused by a slot receiver in the championship game and now he suddenly is going to change his offense, at least that is what they are selling. Bolden is so out of place in the Alabama offense hut they are the master recruiters.

TCU is in a good place with him right now.

sandiegojack

TCU and Alabama are such opposites. TCU is a small, private university where academics are stressed. Alabama is a football factory where the big appeal is to give the program three years of football, then you can leave early for NFL millions. Little emphasis is put on the classroom at Ala.

TCU and Alabama are such opposites. TCU is a small, private university where academics are stressed. Alabama is a football factory where the big appeal is to give the program three years of football, then you can leave early for NFL millions. Little emphasis is put on the classroom at Ala.

TCU is a Football Power with Great Academics and a Degree that means something. Harvard of the West.

Chongo94

Having family live in Tuscaloosa for a while, Bama is a great school. Because their football team is sooo good and they've basically become this pro factory and some of their fans are insane, their academics get overlooked. If we're talking just football here, then yes, more concern goes to playing and leaving for the NFL than anything else but if looking at it from an overall view, they've got great academics there.