• The KillerFrogs

2018 Recruiting Thread

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes, Readinh your list and seeing Cracker Barrel is akin to a recruits list of Alabama, Ohio State, TCU, Michigan, USC, Florida State, and UT-San Antonio.
Yeah I know but I've always liked those Cracker Barrel pancakes so they are a default addition to my top 10. Just like UT is a default top 25 team at the start of every season.

ScottPatrick

Targets At The Opening: We are in a dead period for recruiting but Nike's The Opening Finals begin today in Oregon and will continue throughout the weekend.

The Opening will consist of a 7on7 tournament, a SPARQ skills challenge (40-yard dash, 20 yard shuttle, vertical jump, and power ball toss), and the Elite 11 Finals. Some notes on TCU targets attending:

COMMITS

Shreveport Parkway (LA) QB Justin Rogers

South Grand Prairie (TX) DB Atonza Vongor

TARGETS

Hou. Lamar (TX) CB D’Shawn Jamison – TCU is in a good spot here. Jamison hasn't set a decision date and things could change but looks like TCU and UT with UT probably slightly leading.

Schertz Clemens (TX) WR Tommy Bush – Baylor appears to be the leader along with UT for Bush and may just be a numbers game with him if Chase commits and the staff holds a spot for Marshall. May be one to watch late depending upon how things shake out.

Houston Heights (TX) CB Jalen Green - If there is a player that will get the most focus from Vongor & Rogers (and hopefully Chase) it is Green. UT appears to be the leader but things could change quickly....

Parkway (LA) WR Terrace Marshall – Likes TCU but LSU is going to be very difficult to beat and we know about how close he is to Justin Rogers and his family.

Lutheran North (MO) DE Ronnie Perkins – Little bit of a longshot with Perkins but he is still talking with Fitch.

Metairie Archbishop Rummell (LA) WR Ja'Marr Chase - This one is going down this weekend between TCU & LSU, expect to hear good news.

A couple of names that keep popping up and ones to keep an eye on though both seem to be currently out of the picture for TCU are DB Kelvin Joseph (LSU commit and 7on7 teammate with Rogers) and Harold Joiner RB out of Alabama.

Commits Rogers and Vongor will be recruiting hard for the Frogs in Beaverton and will hopefully have Chase join in the discussion.

I want to announce the date I might announce my decision. July 6, 2017 I might announce the date I will pick something. No interviews and respect my indecision please.

ScottPatrick

Two somewhat contricting articles about Terrace Marshall & TCU from The Opening (Both from LSU writers):

From SEC Country:

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/tcu-not-finalist-5-star-wr-terrace-marshall-jr

Marshall released his final four within weeks of his teammate and best friend, Justin Rogers, announcing his verbal commitment to the Horned Frogs. The 5-star wide receiver informed Rogers of his decision to exclude TCU because he does not view the Horned Frogs as one of the best landing spots for him.

“Basically, after just talking it over with my family, (excluding TCU) was one of the best decisions for me,” Marshall said on Thursday at Nike’s “The Opening” Finals in Oregon.

However it does add:

“You know, they’re still obviously pushing for me,” he said. “My quarterback is committed so I’m not going to ignore them. I’m acknowledging them and we’ll see how it plays out in the end.”

From Scout:

http://www.scout.com/college/lsu/story/1788317-terrace-marshall-goes-in-depth-on-lsu-visit

by Billy Embody
Tiger Blitz
Yesterday at 10:18 AM

"TCU is still pushing, my quarterback is committed there. He's still pushing and they still got a shot," Marshall said. "We've been playing together for five years so why not continue it? He's recruiting me and wishing the best for me even if I don't go there. I don't know (why they didn't make the list). I was just talking it over with my family. It was a hard decision, but I have to do what's best for me."

ScottPatrick

Could be something to watch and assume he is walking on, Ben King 6-2/315 Tacoma Wa Lincoln High. Same school Jon Kitna coached at in Washington and Jordan played at. Weighed at one time 420 lbs but worked hard to get down to 315 and was the Center his senior year but also played DT.

TCUParker

Two somewhat contricting articles about Terrace Marshall & TCU from The Opening (Both from LSU writers):

From SEC Country:

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/tcu-not-finalist-5-star-wr-terrace-marshall-jr

Marshall released his final four within weeks of his teammate and best friend, Justin Rogers, announcing his verbal commitment to the Horned Frogs. The 5-star wide receiver informed Rogers of his decision to exclude TCU because he does not view the Horned Frogs as one of the best landing spots for him.

“Basically, after just talking it over with my family, (excluding TCU) was one of the best decisions for me,” Marshall said on Thursday at Nike’s “The Opening” Finals in Oregon.

However it does add:

“You know, they’re still obviously pushing for me,” he said. “My quarterback is committed so I’m not going to ignore them. I’m acknowledging them and we’ll see how it plays out in the end.”

From Scout:

http://www.scout.com/college/lsu/story/1788317-terrace-marshall-goes-in-depth-on-lsu-visit

by Billy Embody
Tiger Blitz
Yesterday at 10:18 AM

"TCU is still pushing, my quarterback is committed there. He's still pushing and they still got a shot," Marshall said. "We've been playing together for five years so why not continue it? He's recruiting me and wishing the best for me even if I don't go there. I don't know (why they didn't make the list). I was just talking it over with my family. It was a hard decision, but I have to do what's best for me."

I may just be a complete homer and drinking too much kool-aid but I still say we have a pretty strong shot at landing Marshall if the Frogs have a good year and the class continues to add on great talent.