• The KillerFrogs

2016 College World Series Thread

Kyle101011

My ranking of teams that will be the toughest to easiest against us.
1. UF if they win tonight
2. OSU
3. Miami
4. Tech
5. UCSB
6. Coastal Carolina
7. Arizona
If FSU wins
1. OSU
2. Miami
3. FSU
4. Tech
5. UCSB
6. CC
7. Arizona

tcumaniac

I was tempted to call the A&M ticket office this morning and prentend to be an aggie fan that wanted to know when their CWS tickets would go on sale... But then I decided against being a dbag.

TCUdirtbag

Going to put the cart a mile ahead of the horse. We all know how hard it is to get to Omaha (see A&M and Louisville this year as great examples of great teams that just missed), but TCU returns pretty much everyone plus the new recruits, Baker will be back on the mound and Brown will be healthy. Barring unexpected injuries, next year's team will be a favorite to return to Omaha. A 4-peat is not beyond achievable. Can you imagine?

Never change, Schloss.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
TCUdirtbag said:
Would not be a "change." The order just isn't selected until the field is determined. TV/ratings play a huge factor.

Well this is how they have the bracket setup on ncaa.com

ed9f261f60.png

Purp

tcumaniac said:
I was tempted to call the A&M ticket office this morning and prentend to be an aggie fan that wanted to know when their CWS tickets would go on sale... But then I decided against being a dbag.
You should call pretending to be an Aggy and ask for a refund.

f_399

TCU maybe ranked in the top 5 entering next season.

About Baker on the mound, is it just me or did he start batting better after they took him off the mound?

May just be a coincidence.

ramfrog

monkeyfishfrog said:
What's the best way to snag up tickets to the game y'all? Any experiences? Been since 2010 since I've been (haven't been to the new park).

I think the 2 best ways are first, to request tickets through TCU.  If that does not work, then i suggest Flash Seats. The thing that is nice about Flash Seats is you just show your card (that you used to purchase tickets) to the gate attendant.  Some folks on Flash Seats will allow you to bid on the tickets, so you can save some money (sometimes).

I just looked into it, and flash seats no longer has the NCAA tie in.  It is now Prime Sport.
Hope this helps.

TCUdirtbag

Sticky_Wicket said:
 Well this is how they have the bracket setup on ncaa.com

ed9f261f60.png

I understood the question to be about date/time of the Tech game, not who our first opponent is. Obviously the bracket is set. That's obvious, right? But the order in which the two sides of the bracket and the times of the two games in each are played is not. 

ChrisBradshaw

f_399 said:
TCU maybe ranked in the top 5 entering next season.

About Baker on the mound, is it just me or did he start batting better after they took him off the mound?

May just be a coincidence.
He did absolutely. Easier to focus on just one position. Personally, if I were him, I would just focus on hitting.

Purp

cb44 said:
He did absolutely. Easier to focus on just one position. Personally, if I were him, I would just focus on hitting.
I'm not so sure it was the change in focus as it was the change in approach.  Perhaps he was able to devote more time to hitting after they shut his arm down, but there has been a lot of conversation over the past month about how the coaches have worked on getting him more aggressive at the plate.  I don't think he'll drop off much at the plate by pitching next year.

G

Ghost of Tobys Business College

ACC (10) and SEC (7) had 17 teams enter the Regionals. Only 2 of those teams will make it to the CWS.

The best part is how the SEC hosted 7 regionals and 5 supers and might not even get a team in the CWS at all.

XIIFrog

Updated our Omaha postcard from 2014. Sheepdarner Boomer White out. Superhero Micah in. Enjoy!

omaha_zpsocd46kcm.jpg

Edit: Photo Cred to 82Frog for the Skoug and Steinhagen photos!

USNFROG

There were 16 regionals and 8 super regionals, right?  You're telling me that SEC hosted nearly half of the regionals and 5/8ths of the super regionals?  That is insane.  Who makes the call on that?  What kind of logic did they use to determine that the SEC deserved that?

I am getting really sick of the $EC$EC$EC bias in sports journalism, the CFP, and now whoever is in charge of selecting teams and site locations for the NCAA Baseball playoffs.  This has gotten out of hand.

Serious question for some of you older fans (SWC days):  Was it always this way?  I was in elementary school when the SWC broke up so I didn't follow this kind of thing as closely as I do now.

BBG817

The Supers schedule gives you the starting schedule. Has been true in 2010, 2014, 2015 I believe

The Fri-Sun supers start on Saturday and the Sat-Mon supers start on Sunday in Omaha

rifram09

BBG817 said:
The Supers schedule gives you the starting schedule. Has been true in 2010, 2014, 2015 I believe

The Fri-Sun supers start on Saturday and the Sat-Mon supers start on Sunday in Omaha
This makes sense. It almost HAS to play out that way.

Whether it is the day or night game is probably where the TV partners have a say.

Boomhauer

BBG817 said:

Florida/FSU winner is on our side of bracket and they play today.