• The KillerFrogs

2016 College World Series Thread

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Horned Eagle said:

Haug swung and missed. 
Thanks for the correction (no sarcasm).  I was watching with half my attention while I worked on the other monitor, and didn't see the last strike.  Based on the reaction I assumed it was looking.

Pharm Frog

Horned Eagle said:
I still can't get over the stat that 72% of the runners who are sacrificed to 2B by CCU end up scoring.  That seems very high to me, but maybe I'm wrong. 

I'm not surprised and I'm not for sure that it's all that great depending on the calculus. I haven't seen the stats on college baseball in a few years but it used to be that a lead off runner on base was scoring in the mid-60% range (and that's the runner that usually gets bunted to second).  It's possible that some would bunt a runner over with one out already but not very often.  And the mid-60% range (I think it was 64% or something) was the average and it didn't take into account whether you had a good or poor offensive team.  The stat I would really like to know is the percentage of times that runner would have scored regardless given the results of the inning, the steal stats of the runner and the CS stats of the catcher, and the statistical probabilities associated with the batter that was asked to sacrifice (GIDP, BA, OBP, etc). What I can't recall is whether the stat I'm recalling is pre-BBCOR or post-BBCOR.

And I don't remember them saying that it was only the runners advancing to 2B by sacrifice that were scoring at 72%.  I think it would included all sacrificed runners (hopefully excluding sac flies which are inevitable scores).

Umpiring was horrible all throughout the CWS. Balls and strikes were atrocious and numerous missed calls on the bases to include Zona getting jobbed out of what would have been the tieing run Shame for games of this magnitude. Either get better umpires, or have k zone call balls and strikes, and use replay for every out or safe call on the bases. Hate it for all involved.

GlendarrochFrog

PO Frog said:
It's crazy but I think hitting almost 100 HRs this year probably had a lot to do with that. Think how many they could have scored without giving away so many outs...
It seems they picked the right strategy and scored enough runs regardless of how many outs they gave away.

Tom Brown

The Frog to be Named Later said:
Umpiring was horrible all throughout the CWS. Balls and strikes were atrocious and numerous missed calls on the bases to include Zona getting jobbed out of what would have been the tieing run Shame for games of this magnitude. Either get better umpires, or have k zone call balls and strikes, and use replay for every out or safe call on the bases. Hate it for all involved.
Aggy logic

PurplePainD

Posted on ticket Exchange thread, but if ya'll know a Frog Fan interested, please PM me.

IMG_20160814_215249_01_zpsktewtxxa.jpg

flyfishingfrog

PurplePainD said:
Posted on ticket Exchange thread, but if ya'll know a Frog Fan interested, please PM me.

IMG_20160814_215249_01_zpsktewtxxa.jpg
You realize during baseball season you can park there for free and take a shuttle....are you one of those guys that sells stuff they give away for free for money on ebay to make take advantage of the 97.6% dumbasses in the world?