• The KillerFrogs

2016 College Station Super Regional Thread

TCUdirtbag said:

Did you ever play sports?  I certainly didn't play at the college level, but in high school as the season ended it was tough.  Can't imagine how much harder it is as a college player.  No need to mock this. 
We smoked cigars on the 50 after our last footballgame at home (which we dominated)

When we lost at state, some tears were shed but we weren't forded the opportunity to sleep on the field.. Instead we are whataburger and took dips on the bus ride home and were fine.

Don't feel bad for em one bit

SwissArmyFrog

Couldn't get in front of a TV until after it was 4-1.  Looked for highlights of the game, but haven't been able to find any - other than the last out and dog pile  :)

Odd.  You would think there would be a highlight reel of the game somewhere.

Paradoxotaur

SwissArmyFrog said:
Couldn't get in front of a TV until after it was 4-1.  Looked for highlights of the game, but haven't been able to find any - other than the last out and dog pile  :)

SEC lost. The evidence was destroyed.

GeoFrog

SwissArmyFrog said:

This is the only one I can find and the guy is unbearable to listen to.  Its the official NCAA one:

http://www.ncaa.com/video/baseball/2016-06-12/di-baseball-tcu-texas-am-super-regional-highlights

I am guessing they aren't releasing the right's for online highlights, even to ESPN, who is covering the tournament.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
SwissArmyFrog said:

It's being rerun on ESPNU in an hour...2:30 CT.  DirecTV #208.  Probably the shortened version...

Get Your Frogs Up

You should be able to watch the whole thing whenever you want via ESPN3 (Watch ESPN). Usually all their live broadcasts are archived there for a week or so. You can search for TCU and then select "replays" and it should still be available.

Moose Stuff

SwissArmyFrog said:

There weren't many highlights to see. Not one run in the game was scored courtesy of a hit......groundout, wild pitch, walk, sac fly, and wild pitch. Couple nice defensive plays and that was about it.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Moose Stuff said:
There weren't many highlights to see. Not one run in the game was scored courtesy of a hit......groundout, wild pitch, walk, sac fly, and wild pitch. Couple nice defensive plays and that was about it.

The highlight of the game was Brian Howard's domination of their hitters all game.  Hard to turn that into a highlight except showing a bunch of swings and misses or popups being caught.

2314@work

Contributor
ArgyleFrog2010 said:
We smoked cigars on the 50 after our last footballgame at home (which we dominated)

When we lost at state, some tears were shed but we weren't forded the opportunity to sleep on the field.. Instead we are whataburger and took dips on the bus ride home and were fine.

Don't feel bad for em one bit
TAPPS championship games don't count.

TCUdirtbag

SwissArmyFrog said:

You can stream the game in its entirety on the WatchESPN app.

Paint It Purple

AroundWorldFrog said:
What absolute dorks. The pinnacle of their careers...

https://twitter.com/GabeBock/status/742429122723352577
while a little odd, I thought it was kinda poignant. These guys live on these fields virtually year round. It's their home. Baseball people walk into the cathedrals of the game for their first time and gasp at the sights. After a career and then a crushing and sudden halt; I can see doing this. A sleeping bag, 2-3 beers and rehashing countless memories with a trusted teammate and friend one last time...don't be too quick to ridicule.

Hughes Your Daddy

Paint It Purple said:
A sleeping bag, 2-3 beers and rehashing countless memories with a trusted teammate and friend one last time....
In this "shared sleeping bag and beers" scenario, do these two guys go in knowing they're going to cornhole each other, or do they just take it a beer at a time to see where the night takes them?

froglash88

SurfCityFrog said:

Got my heart ripped out by Notre Dame. Never once did I consider sleeping in the arena.
I didn't talk to anyone for what felt like 2 weeks after that game and I was home in Ft Lauderdale on Spring Break.

Paint It Purple

Hughes Your Daddy said:
In this "shared sleeping bag and beers" scenario, do these two guys go in knowing they're going to cornhole each other, or do they just take it a beer at a time to see where the night takes them?
Haha. Funny guy. Knew I was hanging a curve with the post. Too bad you whiffed.