• The KillerFrogs

2016 CFB: Week 1 Other Games Thread (with TV schedule)

FBallFan123 said:
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Nick Saban confirms former #USC coach Steve Sarkisian is joining #Alabama as an offensive analyst

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Nick Saban now has 5 fmr FBS head coaches on #Alabama staff: Steve Sarkisian, Lane Kiffin, Mario Cristobal, Bobby Williams & Mike Locksley.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel
If Alabama's directory is up to date, Sarkisian marks at least 21 analysts/player personnel/ops guys on Saban's staff. Monstrous.

I thought their was a limit of staff you could have for college football programs, I guess that rule doesn't apply for blue bloods.

FBallFan123

Despite the odds Frog said:
I thought their was a limit of staff you could have for college football programs, I guess that rule doesn't apply for blue bloods.
Mandel said no...

Chase D. Troutner ‏@Captain_Strongo

@slmandel Theres no rule governing that?

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel
No, it's been talked about but deemed impossible to enforce

Frogs1983

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fart Piles on Saban's staff next, since he's rounding up all the ex-Head Coaches in College Football it seems. :wacko:

f_399

frognutz said:
Talking heads already debating about what will happen if OU and UH win out......thanks for that Sooners.

TCU Baylor head to head round 2.

But the chances of OU winning out is pretty low and if they do, I put them above of UH no doubt. Strength of schedule is not even close. 

UH has a 1 game season, vs Louisville.

FBallFan123

frognutz said:
Talking heads already debating about what will happen if OU and UH win out......thanks for that Sooners.
Really doubt OU gets close to that.

They might be dogs against Ohio State.

But at least they won't have the excuse of taking Texas lightly this season.

frognutz

f_399 said:

TCU Baylor head to head round 2.

But the chances of OU winning out is pretty low and if they do, I put them above of UH no doubt. Strength of schedule is not even close. 

UH has a 1 game season, vs Louisville.

OU won't win out, and if it was my job to talk college football on TV I'd probably bring it up too.  However, TCU fans in general probably still have PTSD symptons from the head to head and strength of schedule debates from 2 years ago.  I know I do..... 

Zubaz

If OU and Houston win out, it won't even be a H2H discussion, it will be much more basic than that: Does 1-loss P5 get in over undefeated G5, especially when the undefeated team beat the 1 loss team.

In that scenario (which won't come up because OU ain't winning out), there's no doubt Houston would deserve it over OU.

frognutz

Todd D. said:
If OU and Houston win out, it won't even be a H2H discussion, it will be much more basic than that: Does 1-loss P5 get in over undefeated G5, especially when the undefeated team beat the 1 loss team.

In that scenario (which won't come up because OU ain't winning out), there's no doubt Houston would deserve it over OU.

ay5Wun9.gif

FBallFan123

Todd D. said:

What if Ohio State loses to OU but wins out after that?

Big Ten being left out for Houston?

f_399

If you had to pick 1 team to lose to, you are better off losing to a really bad team?

Can't risk losing to a really good team that may win out.

OSU lost early to virginia tech? Being an early loss and vt not competing for a conference title made it ok?