• The KillerFrogs

2016 CFB: Week 1 Other Games Thread (with TV schedule)

FBallFan123

RollToad said:
Florida State is way overrated once again.

And, (What Maniac & Illini Frog Do together) Ole Piss.
Yeah, I didn't understand all the people picking FSU.

This not a game you want a freshman QB, The QB matchup is heavily in the favor of Ole Miss...Chad Kelly has one of the best arms in college.

rifram09

stbrab said:
Since when has college football been fair? Never. At least now there's a playoff system. It's still not fair, but it's a helluva lot better than it was.
I scheissing hated going undefeated twice and left out. At the beginning of every season, every team in FBS should have a chance to win a national title. The fact that teams can routinely win all their games and yet be excluded from an opportunity to win the championship is completely asinine.

The argument that "it has always been that way" is both disingenuous and inexcusable.

Disingenuous because the national title wasn't an exclusive title awarded by agreed upon rules until the BCS. It was just an honorary title awarded by anyone who wanted to take a poll.

Inexcusable because if the NCAA is going to bother to create a national title award in FBS, then create one that has some semblance of fairness. If you don't want Sun Belt teams to be able to win the FBS national title, then relegate them and anyone else you view like them to another division and create a title at that level. What we do now is stupid.

Chongo94

FBallFan123 said:
Yeah, I didn't understand all the people picking FSU.

This not a game you want a freshman QB, The QB matchup is heavily in the favor of Ole Miss...Chad Kelly has one of the best arms in college.
He does. He also sounds like Paul Wall when he talks...

f_399

CrolZT0WEAA6RG-.jpg

stbrab

Rifram09 said:
I (mating between Steel & 2314) hated going undefeated twice and left out. At the beginning of every season, every team in FBS should have a chance to win a national title. The fact that teams can routinely win all their games and yet be excluded from an opportunity to win the championship is completely asinine.

The argument that "it has always been that way" is both disingenuous and inexcusable.

Disingenuous because the national title wasn't an exclusive title awarded by agreed upon rules until the BCS. It was just an honorary title awarded by anyone who wanted to take a poll.

Inexcusable because if the NCAA is going to bother to create a national title award in FBS, then create one that has some semblance of fairness. If you don't want Sun Belt teams to be able to win the FBS national title, then relegate them and anyone else you view like them to another division and create a title at that level. What we do now is stupid.
I agree with everything you say. To have media polls determine a champion is/was ludicrous. The BCS was marginally better, but better. The CFP system is marginally better than the BCS, but better. It tells you something about the politics of college football that it's taken nearly 150 years to get to this point.

LVH

jack the weed said:
Yep, still the same crappy team that Houston beat last year I see.
The Florida State team Houston beat was not good last year.

Only P5 team to lose to Georgia Tech. 

Only ranked team they played was Clemson. And lost. 

They got in to the Peach Bowl by playing a bad schedule and their name.

Plus they played Houston with a backup QB, who played hurt. Had to rely on the 3rd stringer at times. 

Maybe Houston isn't that great. Maybe this Oklahoma team is like their 2005 and 2009 teams, 8-4 material that had an inflated preseason ranking. The Oklahoma team I saw is 8-4 at best. No offensive line, poor 3rd down pass defense.