• The KillerFrogs

# 14

sandiegojack

Do you think that TCU will honor # 14 the way that we did for # 5 sometime in the future.

I will be interested to see if anyone is assigned number 14 next season

sdj

go2frogs

Tier 1
Even if they take a while to decide about what Andy Dalton deserves to be lauded for, he deserves a place of honor in the history of TCU. He may not have had the direct personal impact every play that LT had, but he has been the best QB we have had in a very very long time. (Maybe since Davey O'Brien) He will earn his place in the TCU football lore history (and any revised Football Vault re-issues)

There will be # 14 jerseys in AGC Stadium for years to come. He has the all-time win record for starting a QB in school history, a record that won't be broken any time soon.

Zubaz

I don't think you'll see a starter in #14 for quite a while.

Then again, since 2000 what QB # has been repeated by anyone with significant playtime?
1 - Printers
6 - Stilley
7 - Hassell
15 - Gunn
16 - Ballard
19 - Batteaux (does he even really count as a QB?)

Still plenty of numbers to go.

Trelvis

He may not have had the direct personal impact every play that LT had,

I would say Dalton impacted every play more than L.T. did. The QB handles the ball and play calling every play, the running back doesn't, even if you run a Wisconsin/Air Force style offense.

With that said, Dalton's name belongs in the same sentence as L.T., Baugh, O'Brien, etc...as far as TCU careers go.

Stiff Arm Frog

Was Dalton as great a football player as L.T.? No.

Has he done as much as L.T. to put us on the map? Well, you wouldn't know it from watching ESPN. But the dude has been a starter for 4 years, propelled us to 2 undefeated seasons, and was the MVP of the Rose Bowl.

I wouldn't give him a bronze statue, but I'd retire his number.

oldscribe

It's a slippery slope to start retiring numbers......pretty soon you could run out......TCU already has doubled numbers (two #6s, for isntance) and the NCAA is about to outlaw that...just erect a statue to Andy instead....:rolleyes:

Big Frog II

I think our stadium is going to have a ring of honor like the Cowboys. That would be a great place to honor him as well as other past and future stars. I will say though I have no problem retiring the winningest QB in TCU history's number sometime in the future.

Army Frog Fan

He passed UGAs David Greene in all time wins, but never won the MNC or a Heisman and even lost a BCS bowl. Maybe Bevo will retire his number...

bronco

Was Dalton as great a football player as L.T.? No.

Has he done as much as L.T. to put us on the map? Well, you wouldn't know it from watching ESPN. But the dude has been a starter for 4 years, propelled us to 2 undefeated seasons, and was the MVP of the Rose Bowl.

I wouldn't give him a bronze statue, but I'd retire his number.

Correct me if I am wrong but was he not the MVP in three of his four bowl games?

frogs9497

I would say Dalton impacted every play more than L.T. did. The QB handles the ball and play calling every play, the running back doesn't, even if you run a Wisconsin/Air Force style offense.

With that said, Dalton's name belongs in the same sentence as L.T., Baugh, O'Brien, etc...as far as TCU careers go.

+1

I consider myself an LT homer, but I happen to believe that AD's contributions have been more meaningful to the program.

TCURiggs

+1

I consider myself an LT homer, but I happen to believe that AD's contributions have been more meaningful to the program.

I'm kind of with you on this. He may not have had the wow factor that LT had, but he's the most important player we've had in a looooooong time. Dude is a flat out winner and should be honored in some way.

I don't think you'll see a starter in #14 for quite a while.

Then again, since 2000 what QB # has been repeated by anyone with significant playtime?
1 - Printers
6 - Stilley
7 - Hassell
15 - Gunn
16 - Ballard
19 - Batteaux (does he even really count as a QB?)

Still plenty of numbers to go.

1. Cuba
6. Bart Johnson
7. Greg McCoy

.... don't even want to TOUCH Cuba's first name.

Gunner

Dalton is the most unusual player I've ever seen.

He was chatised 'til I was sick in his first 2 years and some of it was earned. But I maintained from the very start he was our future.

Unusual, in that from the first day he took the reigns, he started getting better, and he improved all the way, even in the middle of senior season. I've never seen that before.

Anybody watching closely, could even say, he played his first near perfect game, against San Diego, near the end of his senior season. Was amazed at some of throws he made in that game...Of course, the Utah game wasn't bad...

Army Frog Fan

Dalton is the most unusual player I've ever seen.

He was chatised 'til I was sick in his first 2 years and some of it was earned. But I maintained from the very start he was our future.

Unusual, in that from the first day he took the reigns, he started getting better, and he improved all the way, even in the middle of senior season. I've never seen that before.

Anybody watching closely, could even say, he played his first near perfect game, against San Diego, near the end of his senior season. Was amazed at some of throws he made in that game...Of course, the Utah game wasn't bad...

He played okay against Baylor, but that might have been a fluke.

staypurple12

Great players define great "eras" of programs...is there anyone more deserving than Dalton of being tabbed as the player that defines this "Era" of TCU football? I'm partial to LT (but I don't consider him part of the current 'era' and I know that is debateable) but list the bowl games and records during his tenure...AD deserves to be in the discussion for all time Frog greats

LVfrog

AD will be honored by TCU sometime. There is no doubt that AD will go down in history as one of the all time greats, up there with Baugh, O'Brien, Lilly and LT.

zfrawg

I recall a day in El Paso when he was the greatest QB that ever lived. :laugh:

Pat Batteaux was one of the most important players in TCU history. His sacrifice should not be overlooked. He was our best receiver and even giving up his last 2 yes as a QB he was good enough to be picked up as a WR in the NFL. Not to mention he's a great dude.