• The KillerFrogs

Nike is giving us new uniforms for the Rose Bowl

mrnicefrog

from a nike press release

NIKE TO UNVEIL ITS MOST INNOVATIVE FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR AND APPAREL AT ICONIC COWBOYS STADIUM

On Tuesday, December 14, Nike will unveil its newest football footwear and apparel innovations helping high school, collegiate and professional athletes gain an extra edge on the field.

As part of the launch event, Nike will unveil newly designed BCS/bowl game uniforms for top collegiate teams Oregon, TCU, Boise State, and Florida.

Ndamukong Suh – Standout Detroit Lions rookie defensive lineman

Clay Matthews – Green Bay Packers star outside linebacker

Steven Jackson – St. Louis Rams power running back

Felix Jones – Dallas Cowboys running back

Emcee: Desmond Howard – Former Heisman Trophy winner

Local Bell High School football standouts

Top Nike executives and designers

So I assume this is open to the public? And I assume if it's a Jerry world it ain't free?

Anybody know what time and how much?

Goodnight

from a nike press release

NIKE TO UNVEIL ITS MOST INNOVATIVE FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR AND APPAREL AT ICONIC COWBOYS STADIUM

On Tuesday, December 14, Nike will unveil its newest football footwear and apparel innovations helping high school, collegiate and professional athletes gain an extra edge on the field.

As part of the launch event, Nike will unveil newly designed BCS/bowl game uniforms for top collegiate teams Oregon, TCU, Boise State, and Florida.

Ndamukong Suh – Standout Detroit Lions rookie defensive lineman

Clay Matthews – Green Bay Packers star outside linebacker

Steven Jackson – St. Louis Rams power running back

Felix Jones – Dallas Cowboys running back

Emcee: Desmond Howard – Former Heisman Trophy winner

Local Bell High School football standouts

Top Nike executives and designers

Why Bell High School? They haven't been good since the Tommy Maddox days in the 80s.Baffles me of all high schools to choose from thats who gets picked.

gdu

Looks like that 12/14 date makes sense. On NikeGridIron.com, they have this picture of a cleat they are debuting on the 14th also. Maybe the new cleat is part of the TCU uniform?

Has a flash with the date 12/14/2010.

94007032.png
5249364973_d1f9a22bc4_b.jpg

bsufan1976

Yeah, Boise and Florida were kind of backfires.

Nothing like unveiling new digs for the Vegas Bowl...

Actually the reason Boise is getting new Uniforms is because they are ranked in the top 10, are a Nike supported school, playing an Under Armor supported school in Utah. I read an article stating that the reason Boise got the Uniforms is because they are playing Utah, not because they are in the Vegas Bowl.

Matter of fact, I am not positive on this but I think only the Nike affiliated schools that are playing, non-Nike affiliated schools in Bowl games are getting new Bowl Uniforms. TCU is playing "Addidas" supported Wisconsin, Oregon is playing "Under Armor" supported Auburn, BSU is playing "Under Armor" supported Utah. I could be wrong, but I believe that was the idea behind the selection of the teams recieving these new uni's.

bsufan1976

That might be the only intelligent post I have ever read by a Boise fan. +1 to you bsufan

Well, I dont frequent this board often, but my theory only holds for TCU, BSU and Oregon. Florida is playing Penn St., and they both are Nike schools. So it may not be %100 accurate. But the article was in the Oregonian (Oregon news paper).

gdu

-1. He is wrong. That has nothing to do with it. Teams were determined before bowl match-ups. And Florida is playing Penn State, a nike school.

bsufan1976

Good Luck to you guys in the Rose Bowl. Wish we got to play you guys annually for years to come, but I guess I will just enjoy next year and maybe the occasional post season game. Good Luck in the Big East............... although I dont think you guys need it.

bsufan1976

stell91

Good Luck to you guys in the Rose Bowl. Wish we got to play you guys annually for years to come, but I guess I will just enjoy next year and maybe the occasional post season game. Good Luck in the Big East............... although I dont think you guys need it.

BSU and TCU should not be playing each other in the post season. We should both be kicking some Big10/Big12/Pac12/SEC butt. I look forward to (hopefully) OOC games and a great rivalry!!

gdu

I read that article the day it came out. It does not support your theory. Nike was wearing those uniforms whether they played auburn us or any other nike school.

bsufan1976

I read that article the day it came out. It does not support your theory. Nike was wearing those uniforms whether they played auburn us or any other nike school.

Well, I read another article stating that all the "Pro Combat" teams had "Bowl uniforms" designed for them. With an intention to get as many Bowl matchups against "non-Nike" teams. I am still trying to find that article. You are correct, Oregon would have worn a special uni no matter who they played this year, but also notice Oregon is not a "Pro Combat" school this year. They get new uni's any time they want them from uncle Phil. I have read a couple different articles about this believe what you want. BSU got these uniforms because we are playing Utah. These uniforms have been designed and even produced for all the Pro Combat teams.......why do you think they waited till after Bowl season to announce who was wearing them? Why else would Boise get new Uni's? Because we are playing in the Vegas Bowl? LOL Riiiiiight!

gdu

Bsufan, I am not sure what is so tough for you to understand about this. Those 4 teams were going to wear these uniforms no matter what. Nike did not design bowl uniforms for all the Rivalry schools. Not trying to be a jerk, but you are simply wrong and keep talking.