• The KillerFrogs

I'm Warming Up To Briles

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC
Brilliant argument. Scintillating reasoning. (/sarc)

BrewingFrog

It actually makes more sense that they paid Warden Art $15M to be the scapegoat in the whole thing.

Kendal was the WR coach and Passing Game Coordinator when all this was going down. Probably not too big a stretch to think he kinda just got caught up in the whole mess. It's a huge stretch to say he personally was/is a "rape enabler". That's way too damning a judgment for someone who doesn't have all the facts to make IMO.
He wasn't some schmoe hired off the street...

Look: The TCU Administration, and Athletic Department signed off on this hire. Naysayers like myself were irrelevant.

It is done.

Ron Swanson

He wasn't some schmoe hired off the street...

Look: The TCU Administration, and Athletic Department signed off on this hire. Naysayers like myself were irrelevant.

It is done.
I think the fact that the PH report has stayed classified and that Baylor paid Art $15M goes to show that Baylor the university is more culpable than the football staff was. If the PH report showed that Art and the staff were to blame, the university would have released the report to exonerate themselves, fired the whole coaching staff, and not given Art any money at all.

Not to mention, they kept Kendal on staff as OC after all this stuff came to light, no? Would they have done that if Kendal was to blame for girls getting raped?

I feel like your entire argument is completely backwards.

BrewingFrog

I think the fact that the PH report has stayed classified and that Baylor paid Art $15M goes to show that Baylor the university is more culpable than the football staff was. If the PH report showed that Art and the staff were to blame, the university would have released the report to exonerate themselves, fired the whole coaching staff, and not given Art any money at all.

Not to mention, they kept Kendal on staff as OC after all this stuff came to light, no? Would they have done that if Kendal was to blame for girls getting raped?

Well, we'll never know.

Eight

The Pepper-Hamilton Report is still privileged. The release of the details is evidently so horrific that they paid Warden Art several million to settle, rather than release the report to show cause for his firing. Yet, he still loudly proclaims his innocence and professes his religiosity as a bulwark for this innocence.

Due to the remarkably incurious nature of Law Enforcement in McLennan County, the State of Texas, and the Federal Department of Justice, we really don't know what happened. However, indirect evidence like the PH Report and it's careful guarding indicate that it may well have been worse than we surmise.

While our current employee may have had a minor role in this episode, it is now irrelevant. He was hired. He now has defenders, based solely on his potential to win football games. Shortcomings of character are rationalized away for this endorphin rush of winning. He and his reputation are now a part of the TCU tapestry, and nothing can be done to expunge it.

you don't hire pepper hamilton for public reports

vicarfrog

For that matter how do you know he doesn’t wholeheartedly standby what he said and did down there? The dude has said nothing.

You'll know a tree by it's fruits. I don't see fruit yet that would make me very concerned.

Also, I think Sweat Equity above had some excellent thoughts.

Dusty

PH report was never a report. It was the second investigation because the first one came back with answers that the Baylor BOR didn't want to hear or accept. That first report stated that it was a campus wide problem including no title IX office on campus. Thus the BOR ordered a second report from PH. Once members of the Baylor BOR meet with PH the final outcome was determined, the football team was the problem. The BOR finished their efforts by hiring a marketing firm from California to make the case that the football team was the issue. The so called PH report was delivered verbally, no report was presented. After several victims sued PH it came out that not even their work documents were available, let alone a report. Simply put, the BOR along with the COO of Baylor, covered up thirty plus years of sexual assaults and rapes and got away with it by laying it on Art Briles and the football team.

Now for Kendal, he was the OC by the time the statement came out that he was offering white women. Considering that the recruit that stated it was a DB, why would Kendal even be talking to him. Now think about that marketing firm that was hired to write the story. Guess what, it came from them. Once again marketing wins the day. Some of you bought their story, hook line and sinker. Congrats for not thinking for yourselves.

FrogCop19

I'm not defending or accusing KB of anything at all because I don't know any FACTS, but I'll be damned if I'm not getting whiplash from double checking the url bar above to make sure it doesn't say sicem365.

I guess I just need to look at it much as I did with CGMFP. From an outsider's perspective, Gary had some kind of chip on his shoulder and could be a massive, sweaty ass on the sideline. But hey, he was OUR massive, sweaty ass, right?!

(That sounded much better in my head...)

Anyways, now that we have KB, people are coming out to defend him and his alleged actions (some people that were howling at the moon about the entire bu staff). And I am just as guilty as everyone else. I know, for example, that I couldn't stand even looking at Kaz's face "knowing" what they were up to down in Waco, and now here I am shouting his praises from atop Frog Fountain.

I hated that picture of the Warden wearing TCU gear at Chik-fil-A or wherever he was, but I also can't imagine the pride-swallowing humility it took for him to actually put that on and not only go out in public, but to go to our stadium and cheer for his own son who now coaches here.

Maybe I need to check my own reflection and say, "I may not like Li'l Johnny Tapefingers, but he's OUR Li'l Johnny Tapefingers now."

Moose Stuff

The Pepper-Hamilton Report is still privileged. The release of the details is evidently so horrific that they paid Warden Art several million to settle, rather than release the report to show cause for his firing. Yet, he still loudly proclaims his innocence and professes his religiosity as a bulwark for this innocence.

Due to the remarkably incurious nature of Law Enforcement in McLennan County, the State of Texas, and the Federal Department of Justice, we really don't know what happened. However, indirect evidence like the PH Report and it's careful guarding indicate that it may well have been worse than we surmise.

While our current employee may have had a minor role in this episode, it is now irrelevant. He was hired. He now has defenders, based solely on his potential to win football games. Shortcomings of character are rationalized away for this endorphin rush of winning. He and his reputation are now a part of the TCU tapestry, and nothing can be done to expunge it.
LMAO at the drama in this post. I'm defending Kendall because by all accounts he's a a good man/father/husband/coach who has been fully vetted by several programs who found no reason not to hire him and who has done not one thing wrong since whatever his involvement (if any) in the Baylor fiasco was. And please spare me the faux outrage at the "do you like white girls" comment. He has detractors based solely on his last name and if you disagree with that (which I'm certain you do) then I ask you why nobody in this thread is upset Kaz is on staff.

Moose Stuff

I'm not defending or accusing KB of anything at all because I don't know any FACTS, but I'll be damned if I'm not getting whiplash from double checking the url bar above to make sure it doesn't say sicem365.

I guess I just need to look at it much as I did with CGMFP. From an outsider's perspective, Gary had some kind of chip on his shoulder and could be a massive, sweaty ass on the sideline. But hey, he was OUR massive, sweaty ass, right?!

(That sounded much better in my head...)

Anyways, now that we have KB, people are coming out to defend him and his alleged actions (some people that were howling at the moon about the entire bu staff). And I am just as guilty as everyone else. I know, for example, that I couldn't stand even looking at Kaz's face "knowing" what they were up to down in Waco, and now here I am shouting his praises from atop Frog Fountain.

I hated that picture of the Warden wearing TCU gear at Chik-fil-A or wherever he was, but I also can't imagine the pride-swallowing humility it took for him to actually put that on and not only go out in public, but to go to our stadium and cheer for his own son who now coaches here.

Maybe I need to check my own reflection and say, "I may not like Li'l Johnny Tapefingers, but he's OUR Li'l Johnny Tapefingers now."
I hated Art, Kendall, Kaz, etc... because they were at Baylor. I hated them BEFORE the scandal ever even happened. But that was 10 years ago and none of them are at Baylor anymore and I'm able to take a step back and see them for who they really are (more so Kendall and Kaz than Art). To continue to hold on to that hate just seems beyond silly to me.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

Sorry to divert back into actual football talk, but on another TCU sports podcast that I shall not name the term "empty calorie yards" was used for what TCU has been doing so far. I thought that was catchy and apt. We're four games in and you hope that the empty red zone trips can be dealt with; in theory there's still time, but typically an issue that a team has persistently through September isn't going to disappear come November. I think Chandler is looking good, if not incredible. The run game is solid so long as Emani Bailey stays healthy. The receivers are as advertised: a deep group with no single QJ-level standout that will nonetheless be collectively enough to outmatch most teams we play. The line has opened running lanes (eventually, after a tough first half vs. SMU) against so far middling-to-poor opponents; pass protection has been spottier but far from a disaster. Yardage numbers are Briles-esque and points have been scored so far in large enough quantities. So there's not much to whine about and overall I'd say it's working.

But... you hate to get down inside the 20 and come away with a donut. Texas, K-State and Oklahoma are likely to take that $*&! to the bank.

BrewingFrog

LMAO at the drama in this post. I'm defending Kendall because by all accounts he's a a good man/father/husband/coach who has been fully vetted by several programs who found no reason not to hire him and who has done not one thing wrong since whatever his involvement (if any) in the Baylor fiasco was. And please spare me the faux outrage at the "do you like white girls" comment. He has detractors based solely on his last name and if you disagree with that (which I'm certain you do) then I ask you why nobody in this thread is upset Kaz is on staff.
Where did I mention the "white girls" comment?

If you recall, I wasn't a fan of that hire either. Try not to fall into the trap of selective memory...

BrewingFrog

LMAO.... so it's witty when you say it but prompts a personal attack when sarcastically thrown back at you. Pathetically predictable.
My usage of those troublesome big words was in reply to a dopey meme. Slightly more polite than the [ go darn yourself ] it deserved. Your attempt at sarcasm was as worthless as it was mistaken.

Seriously, if you want predictable, go look in a mirror.