• The KillerFrogs

The Spun: Shedeur Sanders Has Strong Message For TCU Ahead Of Season Opener

Limp Lizard

This picture/machine was before my time. I never remember seeing this machine dispensing whiskey when I was a kid in the 60's. If my uncles or father knew of this they avoided it. Of course Texas in the 60's was different than today. No more blue laws etc... Probably Tennessee?
I have never seen that either, but I thought it would make an appropriate signature at this site...especially after the Georgia game.

However...My brother-in-law worked for Nuclear Medical Labs in Dallas for a short time in the late 70's. At 5:00 you could buy canned beer at the soda dispenser. It was on a timer, apparently. I interviewed there in 1975 after 5:00, and the manager interviewing me sat behind his desk, popped open a can of beer and the interview began. Unfortunately, I did not get the job. Maybe he saw me looking at the beer and drooling.

4 Oaks Frog

I know this how? Probably because good QB play translates at any level genius. We can start with the obvious fact he has a strong arm, good field vision, is mobile and accurate. He was a high 3* rating out of high school and had offers from Alabama, Georgia, FSU, Florida amongst his 17 P5 offers. His original projection from Greg Biggins as a guy with a mid round NFL draft projection. His 4* transfer rating, 67% completion, 70 TD’s to 14int’s, demonstrating every trait he had coming out of high school.

I don’t even know why i typed all this, you’re an idiot.
I don’t either. Go away.

4 Oaks Frog

Wow 3 stars out of high school Really? QB play translates to any level? How many bust QBs would you like me to list for you? Greg Biggins? Exactly who the scheiss is he? All those stats you list were compiled against JV competition One of us may be an idiot here but it ain’t me. In closing let me state clearly and I’ll type slowly so you understand. scheiss off Troll
Careful Puckett…You may get your
Wow 3 stars out of high school Really? QB play translates to any level? How many bust QBs would you like me to list for you? Greg Biggins? Exactly who the scheiss is he? All those stats you list were compiled against JV competition One of us may be an idiot here but it ain’t me. In closing let me state clearly and I’ll type slowly so you understand. scheiss off Troll
Careful Puckett…You may get your hand slapped for calling a colorado fan a troll…

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I have never seen that either, but I thought it would make an appropriate signature at this site...especially after the Georgia game.

However...My brother-in-law worked for Nuclear Medical Labs in Dallas for a short time in the late 70's. At 5:00 you could buy canned beer at the soda dispenser. It was on a timer, apparently. I interviewed there in 1975 after 5:00, and the manager interviewing me sat behind his desk, popped open a can of beer and the interview began. Unfortunately, I did not get the job. Maybe he saw me looking at the beer and drooling.
A product of a better, vanished time...

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
You don't think athletes who are college students should speak correct English? Why is that?
Did I say that? No. I did say however that your comment was unnecessary and mean spirited and I stand behind that.

But perhaps since you know correct English, you can go back and look at how what I said and what you claim I said are two different things, and pretty easily I'd imagine.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
1976-1978 I used to ride share to work with my boss. On the way home we would stop by a convenience store, get a can of beer and drive on home.

People not knowing when to stop drinking and then driving ruined it for the many responsible drinking drivers.
It was a Friday ritual at my outfit to share a beer in the afternoon. We'd knock off a little early, I would dispatch somebody to the local store for a six pack, and we'd all cover how the week went and what the weekend plans were, etc. Those 20 minutes or so a week built a lot of esprit de corps.

Of course, now such a thing would be unthinkable! Why, The Boss, mingling with the employees? Drinking a beer on Company time? HR would have a conniption fit!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Back in the day, the Miller Brewery on South I-35 had a visitor tour where you could walk through the building on a catwalk above the factory and then wind up in a hospitality room with free beer. A guy in our dorm, Billy MacAndrews was a "host" in the hospitality room, so we would go visit him occasionally. Walk quickly through the tour and then spend some quality time with Billy Mac. Good times.

Skobuffs85

Lol. He’s one of a handful of recruiting analysts for the entire west part of the USA for 247 sports, idiot. AKA someone who actually knows what he’s talking about.

Got it though. You’re going to use the argument people use when they lack intelligence and critical thinking skills, you’re not the kind of person i generally associate with so i appreciate you helping me out you on ignore early on. FYI no one has ever played in P5 until they’ve played in P5. So I’m sure you definitely tell everyone to stop, “slurping the Kool aid” for every recruit you get.

Idiot.

Skobuffs85

I don’t either. Go away.
Suck It Kaitlin Olson GIF by NASCAR

No.

Brog

Did I say that? No. I did say however that your comment was unnecessary and mean spirited and I stand behind that.

But perhaps since you know correct English, you can go back and look at how what I said and what you claim I said are two different things, and pretty easily I'd imagine.
Wow, satis, that's pretty mean spirited, isn't it?

bc puckett

Lol. He’s one of a handful of recruiting analysts for the entire west part of the USA for 247 sports, idiot. AKA someone who actually knows what he’s talking about.

Got it though. You’re going to use the argument people use when they lack intelligence and critical thinking skills, you’re not the kind of person i generally associate with so i appreciate you helping me out you on ignore early on. FYI no one has ever played in P5 until they’ve played in P5. So I’m sure you definitely tell everyone to stop, “slurping the Kool aid” for every recruit you get.

Idiot.
Really. I thought he was the editor of Al Bundy's favorite magazine. Since I don't associate with trolls, especially those who write as poorly as you do, I have no problem putting you on ignore.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go take a Shedeur

Froglaw

If I'm the Buffs, I rely on first-game defensive overpursuit and put in counters and misdirection to get the ball into unoccupied space, then rely on Sanders' scrambling skills for the rest. Could work for a half. If TCU's offense shoots itself in the foot with 3+ false starts and a few throws at receivers' feet, the game could be close at halftime, which is when an underdog often starts to believe--and Coach Prime's teams will never be short on belief.

What crushes belief is ruthless efficiency, which is a lot to ask in a first game with a new coordinator. But under Sonny, the Frogs have been great at making adjustments, so I hope for a ruthlessly efficient first half and expect a ruthlessly efficient second half. But maybe I'm just remembering last year's game in Boulder.

A couple of good runs and a play action pass to Williams should set up the first Frog TD of many on September 2; 2023.

Then whisky in a jar with a side of AC.

hfhmilkman

Idiot.
A few things. I will try to not bore Mr Eight with my book. You made some statements that I don't believe are sound.

If someone succeeds at a certain level, it does not mean it translates to all levels. It just means you can handle that level of talent you are at. Minor league baseball is a perfect example. A lot of hitters can get by making the decision of just not swinging. This can work against minor league pitchers because they often are unable to find the strike zone. Then you get up to the Big Leagues and taking every pitch is a strike. Each step up in competition is a new hurdle. Until you hit the top, you rise to your level of mediocrity. Whether Sanders is a good Div1 QB is unknown. I mentioned this in another thread. I have a friend who was a very good baseball player. He was a star player in HS. However, at the next level when the fastball got over 90mph, he hit the wall. He just did not have the bat speed to handle. He could run and field. But it is over. Because the number one rule in baseball is you have to be able to hit the fastball, even if it has some movement.

Recruiting stars is a measure of NFL potential. Every year there are 20-25 QB prospects that get a 4 or 5 star rating. A small fraction of these players will even get drafted. Commenting or projecting a player who has never played a DivI snap and never gone through a combine is delusional. If Sanders is a Trey Lance clone and has insane physical measurements, that is another question and we can discuss in 2025. If SF is unable to make a SB run with the current team, they will rue the day they drafted the guy with the really deep radio voice but who freezes when on air.

If Sanders is reclassified to a four star, it means he has the physical capability to handle P5 Div1. That is all that it means. He has the prerequisites to make the throws and/or run away from the competition. QB at the NFL level is about processing pre-snap in the few seconds you have and processing in play. This is why so many 1st round QB prospects still bomb out. The statistics say Sanders will never get a sniff at a team, if I measure NFL stock on recruiting stars alone.

Eight

A few things. I will try to not bore Mr Eight with my book. You made some statements that I don't believe are sound.

If someone succeeds at a certain level, it does not mean it translates to all levels. It just means you can handle that level of talent you are at. Minor league baseball is a perfect example. A lot of hitters can get by making the decision of just not swinging. This can work against minor league pitchers because they often are unable to find the strike zone. Then you get up to the Big Leagues and taking every pitch is a strike. Each step up in competition is a new hurdle. Until you hit the top, you rise to your level of mediocrity. Whether Sanders is a good Div1 QB is unknown. I mentioned this in another thread. I have a friend who was a very good baseball player. He was a star player in HS. However, at the next level when the fastball got over 90mph, he hit the wall. He just did not have the bat speed to handle. He could run and field. But it is over. Because the number one rule in baseball is you have to be able to hit the fastball, even if it has some movement.

Recruiting stars is a measure of NFL potential. Every year there are 20-25 QB prospects that get a 4 or 5 star rating. A small fraction of these players will even get drafted. Commenting or projecting a player who has never played a DivI snap and never gone through a combine is delusional. If Sanders is a Trey Lance clone and has insane physical measurements, that is another question and we can discuss in 2025. If SF is unable to make a SB run with the current team, they will rue the day they drafted the guy with the really deep radio voice but who freezes when on air.

If Sanders is reclassified to a four star, it means he has the physical capability to handle P5 Div1. That is all that it means. He has the prerequisites to make the throws and/or run away from the competition. QB at the NFL level is about processing pre-snap in the few seconds you have and processing in play. This is why so many 1st round QB prospects still bomb out. The statistics say Sanders will never get a sniff at a team, if I measure NFL stock on recruiting stars alone.

you do realize you could have just said, i just don't see what you see in sanders, but we will see how it plays out against p5 competition