• The KillerFrogs

OT: BBQ

SnoSki

Just stop with the "great Texas BBQ" stories.

I'm triggered. I live in a virtual BBQ desert.

When McDonald's does their annual "the McRib is back" promotion, the golden arches jump into the top three BBQ places in the state of Oklahoma.

Reminds me of when a friend moved to downtown Chicago about 10 years ago. He emailed and said some new restaurant popped up nearby that was getting all sorts of rave reviews in the press and on Facebook because of its incredible new food concept: breakfast tacos.

Horny4TCU

Pulled Pork Shoulder, Pork Ribs, Beef Brisket, Beef Ribs, and Smoked Sausage with a mix of beef/pork/venison as the innards of the sausage...

AroundWorldFrog

Just stop with the "great Texas BBQ" stories.

I'm triggered. I live in a virtual BBQ desert.

When McDonald's does their annual "the McRib is back" promotion, the golden arches jump into the top three BBQ places in the state of Oklahoma.
Haha, try living in a place where the best BBQ is at Bigfoot BBQ. Tastes like large bipedal ape.

froginaustin

I think the best brisket in Texas is in Taylor at Louis Mueller BBQ. Terry Blacks in Austin is pretty darned good

Then try Millers in Belton and Paines BBQ Shack in Burnet

I've made the rounds

Not the better rounds, apparently. Terry Blacks doesn’t crack the top 50 in Austin.
Greasy, tasteless. Living off family reputation.

froginaustin

The McRib is one thing I have never understood. I tried it once. Only ate 3 bites before I threw it out, which is a rarity for me.

McRib is made out of pig stomach. The organ, not the muscle in the bellie.
Not that there’s anything wrong with eating organ meat.
I don’t eat McDonalds if there is an alternative.

LeagueCityFrog

Excellent dinner if you can get a table is Killen's STQ over by the Houston Galleria. Everything is cooked over an open flame. One of if not the hardest places in Houston to get a table. Google it for more details.

Ron Swanson

Excellent dinner if you can get a table is Killen's STQ over by the Houston Galleria. Everything is cooked over an open flame. One of if not the hardest places in Houston to get a table. Google it for more details.
I took a customer to that place right near it, but I’m blanking in the name. It made Top 50

dawg

I celebrate both the pig and cow’s meat catalogs. To me, Texas barbecue is brisket, pork spare ribs, beef chuck ribs, and sausage. I’ll throw in pulled pork, chicken halves, and bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapeños. All of which are really tasty.

As for joints, allow me submit for consideration Hutchins Barbecue. Anyone passing through McKinney needs to stop by Hutchins. Texas Monthly Top 50, and their “all you can eat” for $22 is easily the best deal around. And it’s darn tasty.

Dogfrog

There was a whole BBQ Thread we did not too long ago. You should read through it or restart it. There was a bunch of good information on there. I remember the two conclusions was eat any BBQ in Kansas City and Killen's BBQ in Pearland had the best beef rib and sides in the State of Texas. Since that thread ended, the every 5 years Texas Monthly put out their top 50 in Texas. It was disputed for who they left out and the ones they left in that were closed at the time of publication. Oops.

All that being said, the best NEW bbq place in the state for 2018 is Pappa's Delta Blues in Webster, TX by NASA. It's the Pappasitos family from Houston and their new concept Basically Big XII country meets SEC country. It is excellent and they have a great bar and bourbon menu in a great atmosphere with GREAT sides. Worth a road trip to H-town. Plano is getting the second location. Houston is, by far, the best food city in Texas currently.

Interesting. Moved from Clear Lake to FW 2.5 years ago. Exactly where is PDB?

Edit: never mind just looked it up. Near Pappas seafood where Bonedaddys used to be.

Last edited:

Latest posts