• The KillerFrogs

OT: BBQ

InstaFrog

I think the best brisket in Texas is in Taylor at Louis Mueller BBQ. Terry Blacks in Austin is pretty darned good

Then try Millers in Belton and Paines BBQ Shack in Burnet

I've made the rounds
I'll second Terry Blacks.. Ate there twice in a weekend the last time I was in Austin. Same brisket plate both times....

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I'll second Terry Blacks.. Ate there twice in a weekend the last time I was in Austin. Same brisket plate both times....
Their beef rib is pretty darned good as well

A buddy of mine and I ate at Millers in Belton on Friday and he came away claiming that it was the best brisket he had eve eaten

Dogfrog

Curious if anyone has tried Panther City BBQ? I have not but just saw where they have a truck operation that has replaced Heim’s former truck location outside Republic Street Bar on E Hattie.

Republic Street is a good bar but PC was not there when I went a few months ago.

Frog-in-law1995

A buddy of mine and I ate at Millers in Belton on Friday and he came away claiming that it was the best brisket he had eve eaten

45WW0wy.gif

TCUSA

McRib consists of a restructured boneless pork patty shaped like a rib, barbecue sauce, onions, and pickles served on a 5 1⁄2 inches (14 cm) roll. Despite its name, it is primarily composed of pork shoulder meat, according to McDonald's. The McRib Jr. was available briefly in 2000.

TCUownstheBig12

Reminds me of when a friend moved to downtown Chicago about 10 years ago. He emailed and said some new restaurant popped up nearby that was getting all sorts of rave reviews in the press and on Facebook because of its incredible new food concept: breakfast tacos.

Believe me, if you flipped that around and looked at the foods (especially fine dining concepts) that are available in abundance in Chicago but not even a blip on the culinary radar in Texas...it’s staggering. However, with that being said, Chicago totally missed the boat on breakfast tacos. You had to go to the taquerias around Maxwell Street to find decent ones. It was one of the hardest things to adjust to when I lived there...well, and no one knew what chicken fried steak was.

GoFrog Yourself

Believe me, if you flipped that around and looked at the foods (especially fine dining concepts) that are available in abundance in Chicago but not even a blip on the culinary radar in Texas...it’s staggering. However, with that being said, Chicago totally missed the boat on breakfast tacos. You had to go to the taquerias around Maxwell Street to find decent ones. It was one of the hardest things to adjust to when I lived there...well, and no one knew what chicken fried steak was.

Saddest thing I’ve heard all day

Chongo94

Don't you have to call it "country fried steak" up there?

Evlo59

Had me some Snow's BBQ in Lexington last weekend when coming back from LaGrange. I have eaten at most of the top25 and there is a pretty big gap between Snows and anyone else.

Incidentally El Real has the best fajitas in Houston in my opinion. Cool restaurant to boot.

Ron Swanson

Had me some Snow's BBQ in Lexington last weekend when coming back from LaGrange. I have eaten at most of the top25 and there is a pretty big gap between Snows and anyone else.

Incidentally El Real has the best fajitas in Houston in my opinion. Cool restaurant to boot.
I like El Real, but never had their fajitas... I’ll have to give them a shot

Ron Swanson

Cheese enchiladas at El Real.

Always liked the old place on Almeda, Spanish Village. Old place was in need of repair last time there but who cares? Good food and margaritas.
Ha, that’s a good friend of mine’s family go-to place. I’ve only been there a couple times but enjoyed it. Don’t remember much about the food, thought it was a cool atmosphere.