• The KillerFrogs

OT: BBQ

Ron Swanson

Pork or Beef?

giphy.gif

LeagueCityFrog

There was a whole BBQ Thread we did not too long ago. You should read through it or restart it. There was a bunch of good information on there. I remember the two conclusions was eat any BBQ in Kansas City and Killen's BBQ in Pearland had the best beef rib and sides in the State of Texas. Since that thread ended, the every 5 years Texas Monthly put out their top 50 in Texas. It was disputed for who they left out and the ones they left in that were closed at the time of publication. Oops.

All that being said, the best NEW bbq place in the state for 2018 is Pappa's Delta Blues in Webster, TX by NASA. It's the Pappasitos family from Houston and their new concept Basically Big XII country meets SEC country. It is excellent and they have a great bar and bourbon menu in a great atmosphere with GREAT sides. Worth a road trip to H-town. Plano is getting the second location. Houston is, by far, the best food city in Texas currently.

Ron Swanson

There was a whole BBQ Thread we did not too long ago. You should read through it or restart it. There was a bunch of good information on there. I remember the two conclusions was eat any BBQ in Kansas City and Killen's BBQ in Pearland had the best beef rib and sides in the State of Texas. Since that thread ended, the every 5 years Texas Monthly put out their top 50 in Texas. It was disputed for who they left out and the ones they left in that were closed at the time of publication. Oops.

All that being said, the best NEW bbq place in the state for 2018 is Pappa's Delta Blues in Webster, TX by NASA. It's the Pappasitos family from Houston and their new concept Basically Big XII country meets SEC country. It is excellent and they have a great bar and bourbon menu in a great atmosphere with GREAT sides. Worth a road trip to H-town. Plano is getting the second location. Houston is, by far, the best food city in Texas currently.
I’ll have to check that out!! I got a $50 Pappas gift card for Christmas I’ve been trying to decide how to spend.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

I think the best brisket in Texas is in Taylor at Louis Mueller BBQ. Terry Blacks in Austin is pretty darned good

Then try Millers in Belton and Paines BBQ Shack in Burnet

I've made the rounds

LeagueCityFrog

I’ll have to check that out!! I got a $50 Pappas gift card for Christmas I’ve been trying to decide how to spend.
You will more than spend that there, lots of great choices. Quail and the east Texas sausage and cracker appetizers are awesome too. They have hard to find Bourbons too like 4 of the 5 Buffalo Trace Antiques and All three of the Pappy Van Winkles.

Frog-in-law1995

I think the best brisket in Texas is in Taylor at Louis Mueller BBQ. Terry Blacks in Austin is pretty darned good

Then try Millers in Belton and Paines BBQ Shack in Burnet

I've made the rounds

Miller’s is my fave, but Mueller is up there. And City market in Luling. Haven’t been to Paines but will try it now. Same for Heim, sadly. Really need to check them out.