• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: TCU vs TECH

Deep Purple

What in the actual [ darn ] are you people talking about???
With 3 minutes left in the game, the defense started playing like it was all over. They were running at half-speed, missing tackles, and just generally playing lazy and sloppy. You could see Patterson on the sideline with steam coming out of his ears.

He called time-out, gathered the defense on the sideline, and basically just reamed them but good. When play resumed, it was a whole new defense. They were speedy, they were attacking the ball, and they were making sure, quick tackles.

Just guessing, but I would bet that is what the actual [darn] people were talking about.

Moose Stuff

With 3 minutes left in the game, the defense started playing like it was all over. They were running at half-speed, missing tackles, and just generally playing lazy and sloppy. You could see Patterson on the sideline with steam coming out of his ears.

He called time-out, gathered the defense on the sideline, and basically just reamed them but good. When play resumed, it was a whole new defense. They were speedy, they were attacking the ball, and they were making sure, quick tackles.

Just guessing, but I would bet that is what the actual [darn] people were talking about.

Only 3 paragraphs? You’re off your game.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
That was the 6th game this season holding the opponent to 7 points or less.

Half of the Big 12 games played are included in that. Hold Baylor under 10 and Frogs would have more games under 10 points allowed in conference play. In the high scoring Big 12.

Frog DJ

Great game defensively, and very promising performance by Robinson.

Yes, his ball security issues need to be addressed, but even his low completion percentage would have looked much better if his receivers could actually catch the ball.

We should all get used to hearing the phrase, "Robinson to Reagor."

Go Frogs!

Deep Purple

I was happy with his downfield passing for the most part. Would like to see some hungrier receivers frankly. Talent is there.
Got to be kidding, SR's running was terrific, his hand-offs were crisp, his short passes (10-12 yards) efficient, but he was about .250 on downfield passing. Not sure what's to be happy about there. And his 3 fumbles -- one of which set up the Tech offense at our 7 yardline -- were the trademark of a green, true freshman who hasn't learned to protect the ball. Most opponents would have converted that TO into a TD. Even Baylor could have scored off of that TO.

Overall I'd grade him a C -- which is actually pretty good for a true frosch making his first college start in one of the most hostile road environments in college football. Shows a ton of promise, especially if he can learn to put some touch on his long passes and quit overthrowing receivers. What impressed me is that he was overthrowing them even when throwing into a 30-mph wind. That shows tremendous arm strength. Like everyone else, I strongly suspect he will achieve greatness over the next 3-4 years.

Running the ball, he's got good straight-ahead speed, but he's not particularly quick or elusive like Hicks or Anderson. He's more like a speedy power back who's just freaking hard to bring down. Like stopping a locomotive. He shook off several really good tackle attempts today that amazed me.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Got to be kidding, SR's running was terrific, his hand-offs were crisp, his short passes (10-12 yards) efficient, but he was about out .250 on downfield passing. Not sure what's to be happy about there. And his 3 fumbles -- one of which set up the Tech offense at our 7 yardline -- were the trademark of a green, true freshman who hasn't learned to protect the ball. Most opponents would have converted that TO into a TD. Even Baylor could have scored off of that TO.

Overall I'd grade him a C -- which is actually pretty good for a true frosch making his first college start in one of the most hostile road environments in college football. Shows a ton of promise, especially if he can learn to put some touch on his long passes and quit overthrowing receivers. What impressed me is that he was overthrowing them even when trowing into a 30-mph wind. That shows tremendous arm strength. Like everyone else, I strongly suspect he will achieve greatness over the next 3-4 years.

Running the ball, he's got good straight-ahead speed, but he's not particularly quick or elusive like Hicks or Anderson. He's more like a speedy power back who's just freaking hard to bring down. Like stopping a locomotive. He shook off several really good tackle attempts today that amazed me.

We’ve addressed this before Deep. DO NOT attempt to talk sports. It’s not your thing.

Deep Purple

Yes, his ball security issues need to be addressed, but even his low completion percentage would have looked much better if his receivers could actually catch the ball.
TCU has had an issue with receivers dropping passes for the last two seasons, but today was not one of them. Frankly, SR was just off-target on most of his passes beyond about 12 yards. You can't blame the receivers when the ball is thrown a yard behind them or 3-4 feet over their heads. Robinson has terrific arm strength and will become a great passer once he learns how to put a little touch on the ball, so that the receiver has at least a fair chance at making the catch.

Deep Purple

We’ve addressed this before Deep. DO NOT attempt to talk sports. It’s not your thing.
We've addressed this before, Moose. DO NOT attempt to censor analyses you don't agree with. I know that that the possibility that you could be wrong and the other guy could be right never crosses your mind, but it's high time you gave that some serious consideration.