• The KillerFrogs

Official starter

FROG PARENTS 1961

I agree, which is why I said I hope Hicks can handle a lot of carries. Luckily, we only have (hopefully) three games left before a long break before the bowl game. Hicks missed a good bit of time earlier this season, so hopefully he'll be fresh enough to handle the increased workload until we get the bowl break.
we have (hopefully) five games left.

SwissArmyFrog

Honestly, I worry less about Hicks and more about RB rotation. I felt confident in Hicks/Anderson splitting carries but don't feel close to as good about Hicks/Sewo splitting. And if Hicks goes down, I'm not sure where our running game goes.

Only other 2 RB's on the roster (unless I missed) are Kennedy Snell and Stacy Boyd.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing how Sewo does carrying the ball more often, rather than the one-off a few times per game. Didn't have a great game vs. OU, but wasn't terrible. Hoping he has a game like Aaron Green had vs. K-State after Catalon went down (in the context of his gifts, which are different than Green's). Unlikely, but would be lots of fun.

Be interesting to see Kennedy Snell at RB, but he's listed at 170 and the staff might avoid putting him in the backfield (unless they have to) like they stopped allowing Turpin to take the ball from the RB position....then again, he's listed at RB, so...

Last edited:

Zubaz

This is actually pretty brilliant strategy. Since we know that losses without your starting QB don't count, we pull him and cruise in to the playoffs at 8-2. BOOM!

Wexahu

Only other 2 RB's on the roster (unless I missed) are Kennedy Snell and Stacy Boyd.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing how Sewo does carrying the ball more often, rather than the one-off a few times per game. Didn't have a great game vs. OU, but wasn't terrible. Hoping he has a game like Aaron Green had vs. K-State after Catalon went down (in the context of his gifts, which are different than Green's).

Be interesting to see Kennedy Snell at RB, but he's listed at 170 and the staff might avoid putting him in the backfield (unless they have to) like they stopped allowing Turpin to take the ball from the RB position....then again, he's listed at RB, so...

If they are keeping Snell from carrying the ball out of the backfield in order for him to stay healthy, that would be odd since he doesn't really play WR anymore either.

SwissArmyFrog

If they are keeping Snell from carrying the ball out of the backfield in order for him to stay healthy, that would be odd since he doesn't really play WR anymore either.

Right. Like I said, he *is* listed as a RB. Hope he get's some opportunities to carry the ball. If Sewo struggles, imagine we'll definitely see him.

Cards are certainly stacked against SR tomorrow. A true freshman QB starting first game in Lubbock against a team looking to get bowl eligible. Losing our best RB for the year. Being down several others due to injury. Kicking issues galore. So many red flags surrounding this game! If I were Tech I'd be feeling pretty confident right about now. If Frogs do come up short it's not on SR as he was put in a very difficult situation.

Tom Brown

Cards are certainly stacked against SR tomorrow. A true freshman QB starting first game in Lubbock against a team looking to get bowl eligible. Losing our best RB for the year. Being down several others due to injury. Kicking issues galore. So many red flags surrounding this game! If I were Tech I'd be feeling pretty confident right about now. If Frogs do come up short it's not on SR as he was put in a very difficult situation.

Counterpoint:
Cards are stacked against Tceh tomorrow as TCU starts heralded QB SR in a game in Lubbock with poor attendance at an optimal gametime, against a poor defense. TCU is refocused looking to take care of business for a rematch with OU. Tceh has a lame duck coach and has had kicking woes all year.

CountryFrog

Counterpoint:
Cards are stacked against Tceh tomorrow as TCU starts heralded QB SR in a game in Lubbock with poor attendance at an optimal gametime, against a poor defense. TCU is refocused looking to take care of business for a rematch with OU. Tceh has a lame duck coach and has had kicking woes all year.
You could've also just said "because they suck."

puckster59

Robinson should get a decent amount of chances to show off his arm. I'm not sure the running game is going to be utilized anywhere near what it's been. Not sure Hicks can carry much of a load. And Sewo hasn't exactly distinguished himself. That includes QB keepers, too. I would imagine the coaching staff is telling Robinson to limit contact if not avoid it altogether.

So everyone who's been salivating to see SR throw the ball ... I think you'll get your wish.

CountryFrog

Who is glad Hill is hurt? That's a ridiculous statement.
I have no doubt there is a lunatic fringe out there who feels that way, as disturbing as it is.

I also think there are plenty of people using statements like "I'm excited about seeing Shawn play" and using that as an opportunity to play holier than thou; reigning down judgment as if that means the person who said that is glad that Kenny got hurt. It's totally ok for people to hate that Kenny got hurt AND be excited to see a guy that we've all been talking about for 3 years.

frogs9497

Someone please explain the payoff of being one of these fringe posters who posts incessantly, but only about adverse (or potentially adverse) circumstances.