• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Tom Brown

I don't know what that is. Heard the term but still no idea. Does that mean you are drinking the coffee cold? Because that's not coffee.

Yes, the beans are ground more coarsely,then you use cold water steeping to get the flavor and caffeine. It produces a higher concentrate of the coffee that you mix with water or milk, chilled. Hardly any acid or calories. I think it tastes smoother.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Yes, the beans are ground more coarsely,then you use cold water steeping to get the flavor and caffeine. It produces a higher concentrate of the coffee that you mix with water or milk, chilled. Hardly any acid or calories. I think it tastes smoother.

Hmm.
As I read that, in my mind, halfway thru the voice changed to a standard mysterious Bond girl accent.
Suddenly I'm now interested in cold brew coffee.

dkfrog

1lb coffee ground
2 gal cold water

Dump the coffee in
Let it sit overnight
Strain through cheese cloth

Enjoy with some sweetened condensed milk and/or half and half

Tom Brown

What if one were to wholeheartedly believe that milk of any kind doesn't belong in coffee? Asking for myself. Because I wholeheartedly believe that milk of any kind doesn't belong in coffee.

I dont put milk in it, pour it over ice and dilute it a bit. The concentrated caffeine goes a long way.

ftwfrog

Love the effort on cutting calories. But there are no calories in black coffee (hot or cold).

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

What in the blue darn is wrong with just plain old coffee? For darn's sake guys.
I don't think anyone is saying that there is something wrong with the regular old coffee. These guys just prefer the cold pressed version more, and feel that the extra work is worth it.

I've never tried it and likely will never do it myself, but I did have some cappuccino from my buddy's coffee mate cappuccino maker and it was unbelievably delicious. It made me want to get one.

Horny 4 Life

My wife is acting as if Baby gates are more important than the wheel on the list of human achievements. I'm not sure how I managed to live past 3 years old without baby gates in our house. At the current pace every darn doorway in our house will have a gate. I have no idea how to manage this type of insanity.