• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

bleedpurple

chupacabra.jpg

10 Key Frog

don't want to sound like a doosh... but i think there's a big difference between a regular accounting class and an honors one. Kid's that i had in class freshmen year are breezing through accounting relatively easily, but all of us in honors accounting are getting [Rod Gilmore] slapped on a daily basis.

Oh crap maniac is going to be an accountant like me? God help our profession.

When I was there (2007 grad, MAc year after) we didn't have the honors ones to my knowledge, but can't imagine it any harder than Janice Cobb and Barry Bryan for a lot of classes like I had.

I sat I the back of Nichols intro class freshman year playing notebook games (connect the dots for boxes, etc) to keep entertained since it was such a breeze. Cobb for Intermediate or Bryan for Intermediate II was no cake walk though, but I always found I learned so much more from the harder good professors than the easier professor equivalent. Worthwhile it it's your chosen profession.

jake102

don't want to sound like a doosh... but i think there's a big difference between a regular accounting class and an honors one. Kid's that i had in class freshmen year are breezing through accounting relatively easily, but all of us in honors accounting are getting [Rod Gilmore] slapped on a daily basis.

Then what's the point in taking honors? CPA exam could give a [Craig James] less. Your GPA could care less also...

or is Honors one of those things where everybody makes an A, but is forced to work really hard?

Houston Frog

Then what's the point in taking honors? CPA exam could give a [Craig James] less. Your GPA could care less also...

The point in taking honors is because you are able to put that you are a grauduate of the "TCU Honors Program" on your resume.

or is Honors one of those things where everybody makes an A, but is forced to work really hard?
Not when I was going through, the teachers just treated it like a normal class, only it was harder than the regular version. And it was way harder to make an A because everyone in there was smart.

The Honors Program was filled with a ton of nerds when I was in it, I hated it. And when I say nerds, I'm not talking about people who were just kind of quirky and didn't really party, I'm talking about the kinds of kids that you would cast if you were making a movie and needed the most stereotypical nerd on the planet... all my honors classes were boring as chit because of this

tcumaniac

I definitely will NOT be pursuing a career in accounting... not a fan. Right now I'm leaning towards finance... No idea what I want to do though..

Houston_Frog is right about a few points.... Graduating with Honors looks good on the Resume. Also, making an A is much much harder. There are some absolutely brilliant kids in fellows, so it makes things very diificult.

And technically, the fellows classes are suppose to be accelerated honors classes, meaning that they're even more rigorous than normal honors classes. I often question my decision to apply for the program... It's SOOO much more work and it's hurting my GPA and it's keeping me from getting to do as many things at TCU as I would want to and it's keeping me from getting to get to spend as much time with friends. It really has been quite frustrating at times...

I finished freshman year with all As.... Made all As in high school. Never made a B. Ever. Last semester I was having to put in a lot more effort than my friends in regualr classes were, and I was getting significantly lower grades. Friends in regular accounting classes were putting in average effort and coming out with As and Bs.... I studied my butt off for hours and hours and hours and barely was able to make a C in Financial Accounting. It was the most sickening feeling ever. A handfull of fellows made As and Bs, but a lot of us made Cs too. I keep wondering if this whole thing is worth it. Does a higher GPA have more weight than being in the Fellows program? ughh.. idk... and it stresses me out....

Fellows offers some amazing opportunites though. We have trip to New York we're going on during spring break. And after junior year, we go on a trip to Chile. And it offers some excellent networking opportunities... Just too cool of an opportunity to turn down..... But it has certainly made my experience at TCU a bit less enjoyable simply due to the amount of effort it requires. This semester has been especially difficult because of the death of Mackenzie. We're all so close. BUt I digress.... and need to study...

And ha. ha. ha. Good one turk

Houston Frog

I hate when peopls call guys with sweet rides dooshes because they are jealous.

Generally, when people who are dooshes get made fun of, they say it's because the people who are making fun of them are "jealous".

Nope

Aggies do the same thing when they get made fun of.... "TCU fans are just jealous"

Nope, we're really not, we just think your school's weird

mrnicefrog

Do any of you guys try and sneak in a fwart when your wife is asleep? I just did and the wife mumbled something under her breath and rolled over. She isn't that happy with me about it I don't think.
I love giving mrsnicefrog the ol' Dutch oven. Funniest thing ever. It makes her more mad than anthing else I do!

bleedpurple

To get this thread back on track what is the ruling on this?
http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/blogs/sideshow/d-c-man-no-tags-vanity-plate-earns-000913724.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.lang=en-us

Frogenstein

To get this thread back on track what is the ruling on this?
http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/blogs/sideshow/d-c-man-no-tags-vanity-plate-earns-000913724.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.lang=en-us
Doosh? No. Complete and utter idiot? Yes. That is a whole lot of hassle for something that is not funny and doesn't serve to make some profound point.