• The KillerFrogs

Various recruiting news: O'Connor, McCord & Williams

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Joey O'Connor:

http://www.goupstate...RTS02/111139958

This week O'Connor has met with recruiters from Cal, Minnesota, Iowa and Penn State. TCU plans to visit him next week. His team plays for a state championship Saturday in Denver, so until that's over, he's put recruiting on the back burner. "Next week I'll sit down and evaluate things," he said. He has taken one official visit to Penn State and is undecided on his other four. He does not have a favorite.

Tyriq McCord:

Tampa defensive end Tyriq McCord was one of the many prospects who took in Florida's game against Florida State last weekend and the 6-foot-3, 222-pound McCord came away impressed. More importantly, his mother enjoyed the visit as well. "The visit was very good for us," said Frances McCord, Tyriq's mother. "Besides the traffic everything else was great and I really enjoyed the visit. I wish the game would have come out differently, but it was a good game."

Read more: http://www.gatorcountry.com/football_recruiting/article/tyriq_mccord_makes_most_of_florida_visit/12903#ixzz1fJfagPgQ

He also has visited South Carolina and plans to check out Georgia, Miami, Southern California and TCU before signing day. Tampa defensive end Tyriq McCord ...

Trey Williams:

From Orangebloods:

Trey Williams to good guys or froggies

(basically say Applewhite & TCU still heavy after Williams) There have been rumors of Trey switching to various schools for a while and it appears he is at least listening to different programs, OSU also has been on him.

Also his game against Longview:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Also from ESPN on Ballard:

By Damon Sayles

Three-star tight end Gerren Ballard (Whitewright, Texas/Whitewright), at 6-foot-6 and 255 pounds, is something of a freak of nature. Few athletes his size run the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds, which he did at a camp at the University of North Texas over the summer.

Ballard's athleticism and versatility made him an intriguing college prospect, and Ballard recently chose to continue his football career with one of the newest members of the Big 12. Ballard gave a verbal commitment to TCU, choosing the Horned Frogs over offers from Baylor, Purdue and North Texas.

"It just feels right because it's not too far from home, and I like TCU," said Ballard, a three-year letterman who had 40 receptions for 619 yards and seven touchdowns for a Whitewright team that finished 7-4 this season. "They are going to the Big 12, and my family can see me play."

Recruited by tight ends and special teams coach Dan Sharp, Ballard is expected to play the tight end spot for TCU, even though he played more of a wide receiver at Whitewright. On the Texas Class 2A level, Ballard was dominant in jump-ball situations, and he also showed that he possessed soft hands and could run crisp routes.

Schools such as Texas A&M, Texas Tech, New Mexico and Wake Forest took interest in Ballard, but the opportunity of playing close to home – and in a power conference such as the Big 12 – was too good to pass up.

"Gerren has tremendous upside, and he's blessed physically," Whitewright coach Jack Wylie said. "They [TCU] are going to get a tight end who can run with an offensive lineman's body.

"He's 6-foot-6 and 255, and we didn't play him at the tight end position much. He was on the perimeter. He's certainly fast enough to do that for them, but they're looking at him to be ready to play tight end."

Ballard became TCU's 17th commitment and second of the week, joining three-star linebacker A.J. Hilliard (Spring, Texas/Klein Oak).

mark32

Oh no, he is being recruited to be a TE. What will AA do now? I guess he will say we still don't have any starsie OLinemen. Hey AA, you talk about this 40% of TCU's linemen that never pan out. Not just percentages, but actual facts. Oh and by all means, please put a caps lock on everything. It helps us all read them better.

Screaming Flea

It is so obvious, this Aggie Hemorrhoid feller, is trying his best to discourage any recruit looking at TCU. His sole purpose is to put-down and instill doubt!! TCU has a few surprises left. For those of you who have been around for a long time, remember the Colonial signing day banquet? . Many times we've seen surprise signings.

In regards to Mack Brown. Three weeks ago I indicated Mack was contempating stepping down. Mainly the reason is Mack just doesn't want the pressure cooker any more and De Loss isn't discouraging the discussion.

West Coast Johnny

With the poor seasons shaking out at A&M, Tech and elsewhere, plus the coaching changes rumored to be happening, I wish we had slow played the recruiting a bit more at the beginning of the season. We are entering the decommitt season.

frogbyproxy

Would love to get O'Connor and McCord but not sure about Trey! Only because I'm not sure my heart could handle it! We look to be getting a lot of second looks this year and if rumors keep flying about coaching changes and they come true we may have to gray shirt 20. :cool:

Planks

AggieAngst should be in this thread any minute now to try an convince us that the only reason TCU is interested in Trey Williams is because they want to move him to Offensive Tackle because they are desperate.

If we could finish with O'Conner, McCord and Williams that would be awesome. I wouldn't mind Peters or McFarland if we couldn't get all three of the other guys.

FROGDADDY

At this point what is the need in adding Williams. We've already got at least three RB commits unless they're changing positions.

Houston Frog

At this point what is the need in adding Williams. We've already got at least three RB commits unless they're changing positions.

Kid is one of the top RB recruits in the nation, we'd make room. And who knows how the staff plans to use Anthony... could be a safety for all we know

And a couple days ago, a well respected poster on the other board said not to be surprised if we aren't done at RB