• The KillerFrogs

Zach Line makes Vikings roster at UFA

JogginFrog

Line earned the grudging respect of a lot of Frog fans during his SMU days for putting up impressive rushing numbers against TCU's defense.  

Sports Illustrated has been chronicling Line's attempts to make the Vikings as an undrafted free agent -- at fullback.  A good series of articles worth checking out.  Saturday he found out he made the roster -- when nothing happened.  Strange that the realization of a lifelong dream occurs when a deadline passes and you haven't received a phone call.  

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/02/zach-line-makes-the-roster/?sct=hp_wr_a4&eref=sihp

A lot of things fell in his favor -- including starting fullback Felton being suspended for two games, and Line making the most of his first pre-season touch, going 61 yards for a TD.  While I wouldn't want to say anything nice about SMU, I don't think I'm the only one glad to see that this guy will be playing on Sundays.

Cougar/Frog

Good for him! He was excellent against TCU and always scared me a bit. He seemed like a solid, blue collar runner. Reading the series on SI has been very interesting, to say the least. Glad he is gone....

tcudoc

Good job Line!!  I liked him a lot but did not like what he did to our defense.  Glad to see him doing well.  He deserves it.

Lone Frog

Glad to hear it. He was a hell of competitor. When SMU was being handled by Baylor last year, he was the only one on that team that didn't give up - kept fighting until the clock ran out. Lot of respect for him.

HG73

I like him a lot better with the Vikings than I did at SMU.  :) 

Seriously, good for him, solid player, wish him the best.

PurplePainD

Good for him.  Seemed like a good kid based on a couple of interviews I heard.  Am actually surprised to hear he was a UFA, I thought somebody might take a flyer on him in the 5th-7th rounds.

Limp Lizard

He has surprising speed for a power back.  I saw him run in a long TD in the preseason.  Glad he is gone.

BTW, I thought Gilbert looked awful against Tech...he could not hit the side of a barn.  Five stars, huh? :rolleyes:

He has a brother that is playing at SMU as a freshman this year.  He got some playing time in the backfield against Tech.  Might be a clone..........

cdsfrog

FROGLEGHOP said:
He has a brother that is playing at SMU as a freshman this year.  He got some playing time in the backfield against Tech.  Might be a clone..........

He's slower.

About the same weight Zach is now but runs a 4.91.

Latest posts