• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
if paying college players becomes a thing and a prerequisite TCU will lose a lot of diehards who want nothing to do with paying college athletes, charitable giving to other endeavors is way up the list of priorities for many

Last edited:

HFrog1999

I’m sure there won’t be many of you joining me but I watch more and more soccer and less and less football every year. I’m down to pretty much only TCU/Big 12 college football games and I haven’t watched more than just bits and pieces of an NFL game in a long time .

afe9d6a7b2e1a13cc91b00b80cca43bb.gif

Dogfrog

He is not gassed. He does not want to get hurt. (He already proved himself with 8+ ypc, why risk it?)

Unless the old $ steps up, he knows and they know Evans is gone after this season.
Interesting the guy who humble brags his wealth more than anybody on this board is calling for somebody else to $tep up.

Wexahu

I’m sure there won’t be many of you joining me but I watch more and more soccer and less and less football every year. I’m down to pretty much only TCU/Big 12 college football games and I haven’t watched more than just bits and pieces of an NFL game in a long time .

All but the soccer part.....just don't get that sport. I'm a small time gambler (nothing major, just enough to make it sting a tiny bit when I lose)....and other than because of that and fantasy football, I wouldn't watch much at all anymore. The college game has gotten WAY less interesting in the last couple years, the NFL has been for a long while. I wonder how much viewership would be down if gambling weren't involved.

Which got me thinking last night about the Evans situation......if he indeed does have handlers who are stipulating how many touches he can get, you'd think that information should need to be publicized, because of the gambling aspect. If they are going to be so open about how gambling is ok, they need to be WAY more forthright on injuries and other "deals" in place, etc. Otherwise, it's like insider trading for the people in the know. That's why the NFL is so strict on reporting injuries and other personnel issues.

A whole lot needs to be sorted out.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

All but the soccer part.....just don't get that sport. I'm a small time gambler (nothing major, just enough to make it sting a tiny bit when I lose)....and other than because of that and fantasy football, I wouldn't watch much at all anymore. It's college game has gotten WAY less interesting in the last couple years, the NFL has been for a long while. I wonder how much viewership would be down if gambling weren't involved.

Which got me thinking last night about the Evans situation......if he indeed does have handlers who are stipulating how many touches he can get, you'd think that information should need to be publicized, because of the gambling aspect. If they are going to be so open about how gambling is ok, they need to be WAY more forthright on injuries and other "deals" in place, etc. Otherwise, it's like insider trading for the people in the know. That's why the NFL is so strict on reporting injuries and other personnel issues.

A whole lot needs to be sorted out.

If you think the gamblers don’t know about stuff like this, I don’t know what to tell you. But even if they didn’t, can you explain why all of a sudden a semi informed gambler would look at the historical use chart and all of a sudden assume an additional 10+ touches?

Wexahu

If you think the gamblers don’t know about stuff like this, I don’t know what to tell you. But even if they didn’t, can you explain why all of a sudden a semi informed gambler would look at the historical use chart and all of a sudden assume an additional 10+ touches?
Some do for sure. Who do you mean by “gamblers”? There are millions out there. I don’t think they all know these things, especially pertaining to college football. Like injuries, etc.

I think it’s reasonable to assume that someone who is having a whole lot of success would continue to get more and more touches. Heck, there are a whole bunch of people on here who seem constantly surprised that ZE isn’t getting the ball more. Like I said, I guess I’m naive, but I had no idea he had handlers who are dictating how he is to be used. Stupid me, but I always thought everyone competed to win. Didn’t know that was a conditional thing.

Dogfrog

The experienced gamblers know, but the trend towards opening up betting for everyone would require it be public information. Betting is beyond let the buyer beware IMO

Pharm Frog

The experienced gamblers know, but the trend towards opening up betting for everyone would require it be public information. Betting is beyond let the buyer beware IMO
historical use is public information. There’s ZERO reason to believe ZE is going to be used any more than he is. Do offensive coordinators need to make their game plans available pre-game??

Wexahu

historical use is public information. There’s ZERO reason to believe ZE is going to be used any more than he is. Do offensive coordinators need to make their game plans available pre-game??
Again, it’s logical for a football person to assume he would keep getting more and more touches given how he has been producing. It happens ALL the time across football.

Look at LTs college stats. Not an exact parallel but to say usage doesn’t normally increase with great production is off base IMO.

Eight

Again, it’s logical for a football person to assume he would keep getting more and more touches given how he has been producing. It happens ALL the time across football.

Look at LTs college stats. Not an exact parallel but to say usage doesn’t normally increase with great production is off base IMO.

load management is not a new concept and neither is rotating backs and keeping carries down

lt's numbers are an anomaly for most college backs today. some are acting like splitting carries and paying players are new.

Pharm Frog

that would be very illogical for any “football person” who cares to get to know this program. AND…for the football person who doesn’t care to be informed and still bet, how logical is that? But we’re talking about betting on college football games. When are injury reports due out each week?

Wexahu

load management is not a new concept and neither is rotating backs and keeping carries down

lt's numbers are an anomaly for most college backs today. some are acting like splitting carries and paying players are new.
Load management dictated by “handlers” is not a new concept? Once again, I’m naive. I’m even closer to not caring about college football than I thought.

Eight

Load management dictated by “handlers” is not a new concept? Once again, I’m naive. I’m even closer to not caring about college football than I thought.

to quote fred akers from the 30 for 30 on marcus dupree, "there is always an uncle"

Wexahu

that would be very illogical for any “football person” who cares to get to know this program. AND…for the football person who doesn’t care to be informed and still bet, how logical is that? But we’re talking about betting on college football games. When are injury reports due out each week?
I bet for the entertainment, I know in the long run I’ll lose a little money. No big deal. Other than that, I don’t really know what your point is.

asleep003

What a waste of the best running back since LT to walk into TCU. Look at the way texas uses Bijan and the way we used Evans. Absolute joke.

We used him for punishing blocks so Duggan could run for two yards behind him. What an awful scheme.

At this point he should hit the transfer portal he deserves better than this team.
You really needed to go there, like a real punk. Now you got all the Debbie Downers doing this same nonsense rhetoric... and yes, the kids read this stuff... including the ones considering coming here. Have a little common sense and think before spewing your exasperational do do !!!

FrogAbroad

Agree. Football is a pastime for me. I would much rather contribute that money to my 401K or a charity where it could make a real difference.

That is why I will likely not care much about college FB five years from now. It will be a simple transition for me. I have found several other hobbies. I dropped the Dallas Cowboys overnight and never looked back. Haven’t watched more than a quarter of an NFL game since 1997.
I'm transitioning to PBR, myself...

Latest posts