• The KillerFrogs

Zach Evans- Academic All Big 12

Eight

Whatever his "headcase" issues that were being blasted around seem to have gone by the wayside, or were false to begin with. Proud of you, Mr. Evans!

the things i heard about zach had more to do with a young man getting way too much attention early in his life. losing the guiding influence in his life his senior year at gpns, and having to deal with the pressures and expectations of way, way too many adults hanging on the words, actions, and decisions of a teenager

he needed to take some time to think, some time to find his way, that way was a bit of a different path than what most expected of him, but it was the right thing for him and the school that was willing to let him find his way and support him on the field, off, and in the classroom

Armadillo

I admit, Zach is becoming my favorite Frog. He never complained when he had limited carries in the early part of the season. But he put his head down and worked hard. And by the end of the year he was easily our number 1 option. And tough as nails. He took some major hits last year and always got up determined to run harder. I would've loved to have seen him run for 150 yards against arkie.

Frog DJ

I’m exceedingly proud of both these young men, but I’m elated for Zack Evans!

He took so much heat down here in the Houston press for his peccadillo at North Shore, and it’s really good to see him receive this accolade.

What an outstanding young man, and an excellent role model for my grandson! Again - congratulations to both players, and thanks for being Frogs.

Go Frogs!

jake102

I admit, Zach is becoming my favorite Frog. He never complained when he had limited carries in the early part of the season. But he put his head down and worked hard. And by the end of the year he was easily our number 1 option. And tough as nails. He took some major hits last year and always got up determined to run harder. I would've loved to have seen him run for 150 yards against arkie.

He’s definitely my favorite player. QJ a close second. Then Coleman, then THT.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I can remember a TCU team coming off a disappointing season, and the opener for the coming season was a game in Norman, OK. During 2-a-days, the Seniors went to GMFP and said, "Our kickoff time is noon. Can we practice at noon so we're prepared?" Dedication.

It's that kind of dedication that gets one on the Academic list. While this is an individual thing, it does rub off on teammates. Especially so when the guy leading the pack is a team leader in other areas as well. Success begats success.

Evans impressed me again and again with his strength.

NewFrogFan

I can remember a TCU team coming off a disappointing season, and the opener for the coming season was a game in Norman, OK. During 2-a-days, the Seniors went to GMFP and said, "Our kickoff time is noon. Can we practice at noon so we're prepared?" Dedication.

It's that kind of dedication that gets one on the Academic list. While this is an individual thing, it does rub off on teammates. Especially so when the guy leading the pack is a team leader in other areas as well. Success begats success.

We were at that game, ol #87 was a senior, he also made that academic list that year.