• The KillerFrogs

Yu looking good

hometown frog

Wow kids got a perfect game going and the blue doesn't give him that borderline call. That's bad baseball right there. then it snowballs into a lost no-no and then a lost shutout. You gotta get that call when you are throwing that well.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Roughly two starts ago, they simplified his approach and arsenal and adjusted his arm slot a bit, brought his arm in closer to his body... Since then, he has been awesome, dude is coming into his own, beautiful to see...

Remember, he is 25, and is doing this so far in 2012...

14-9 (assuming Rangers win today)
4.31 ERA
182/82 SO/BB
3.4 WAR
3.63 FIP
.311 BABIP

That is top 30 pitcher in baseball in terms of FIP and top 25 in terms of WAR. If he finishes out at this level through 2-4 more starts, he will have earned his 2012 salary and prorated bonus for the year, I would venture a guess that is about what the Rangers expected if not better.

15 Wins, about a 4 ERA, 200 strikeouts... That would be a very good first season, considering what you can project for him over the next few years.

hometown frog

I'd think this is better than the Rangers had hoped for. I figure they expected him to be a good #4 this season and then come on next as a bonified TORP after a full season/offseason of MLB work.

Frogs1983

Roughly two starts ago, they simplified his approach and arsenal and adjusted his arm slot a bit, brought his arm in closer to his body... Since then, he has been awesome, dude is coming into his own, beautiful to see...

4.31 ERA
182/82 SO/BB
3.4 WAR
3.63 FIP
.311 BABIP

That is top 30 pitcher in baseball in terms of FIP and top 25 in terms of WAR. If he finishes out at this level through 2-4 more starts, he will have earned his 2012 salary and prorated bonus for the year, I would venture a guess that is about what the Rangers expected if not better.

15 Wins, about a 4 ERA, 200 strikeouts... That would be a very good first season, considering what you can project for him over the next few years.
Now if they can just do something about Feldman's slot in the rotation.......... :eek:hmy:

PhillyFrog

How do you think they'll slot the playoff rotation?

Mine: Harry, Dempster, Darvish, Dutch.

4.31 ERA
182/82 SO/BB
3.4 WAR
3.63 FIP
.311 BABIP