• The KillerFrogs

yu darvish bad start, good finish

cdsfrog

Nice. Yu Darvish made it through the 5th inning. 5 strikeouts and in line for the win.

Hell of a turn around considering the 1st inning. Good for him.

I wonder if he is done? Should be in the high 90s pitch count wise

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Yu didn't get destroyed. He had three dinks that fell in that, coupled with walks, hurt him. Seagar hit the ball hard off him, and Ichiro had a good hit, but other than that Yu's problems were mainly of his doing with control, movement. Just took a while to settle in. Big deal. He has the stuff. Not worried at all.

PhillyFrog

Some of the older Umps are going to make him suffer a little for a while. Hope Wash keeps him paired with Napoli, perhaps he can do a little diplomacy.

cdsfrog

Yu didn't get destroyed. He had three dinks that fell in that, coupled with walks, hurt him. Seagar hit the ball hard off him, and Ichiro had a good hit, but other than that Yu's problems were mainly of his doing with control, movement. Just took a while to settle in. Big deal. He has the stuff. Not worried at all.

He gave up 7 hits and put on 11 base runners through the first 2+ innings then recovered really well. Good to see Washington not even bring up the bullpen after given up 4 runs in the first inning as it shows trust that he will battle through it. 4 seamer topped at 96 later in the game

There were a few dinks but there were at least a half dozen balls put in play that were absolutely smoked. Seagar's double to right center was hit every bit as hard as Cruz's boomstick down the left field line. I was glad to see him battle back after a 40 pitch first.

Great atmosphere at the Temple last night. I was in a suite right next to Yu's peeps and they stayed fired up even after Yu was pulled and went crazy when the 27th out was made.

Latest posts