• The KillerFrogs

Yu better believe it...

PhillyFrog

CJ Wilson, suck it.....

KXpkY.gif

talor

I saw the highlights on ESPN last night just before I went to bed. I am quite excited to say the least.

However, we will see how teams adjust to him once they have seen him several times.

He reportedly had 4-7 pitches he used in Japan. Any idea which ones are being dropped from his repertoire?

FungoFrog

Tier 1
I saw the highlights on ESPN last night just before I went to bed. I am quite excited to say the least.

However, we will see how teams adjust to him once they have seen him several times.

He reportedly had 4-7 pitches he used in Japan. Any idea which ones are being dropped from his repertoire?

None?

4-Seam: 94-96
2-Seam: 90-92
Cutter: 87-90
Slider: 82-85
Hard Curve: 78-81
Soft Curve: 67-72
Hard Change: 79-82
Splitter: 86-89

They are encouraging him to limit the slow curve, use it only as a waste pitch or a random first strike get-me-over.

BUT, the point here is this... Every one of these pitches he throws is plus, some are ++, and he normally has good command of all of them. He likes to work off his fastball, but has such confidence in his ability he can throw them all in any count. He manipulates the ball so effectively is is sick, they guy is in total command at all times, perfect balance on the mound, never flailing around or falling over.

His biggest adjustment will be in stamina and learning to get guys out once they figure out his repertoire, but with his stuff there is no doubt he CAN.