• The KillerFrogs

YouTube: Joel Klatt previews TCU-Texas

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
No, you aren’t understanding something, any media member who is not picking the Frogs to win this week is a hater (closet or otherwise) and biased toward blue blood programs. And obviously wants TCU brought down a peg. What a turncoat that Klatt is. Pumping up TCU and then predicting we’ll lose. SMH.
Correct.

joefrog91

Everyone's picking Texas to win because both Duggan and Q are banged up. If they didn't have nagging injuries, I don't think so many people would be picking against TCU. But I think they will both be 100% ready for this game. Wiley needs to have a big day too.

Wexahu

Everyone's picking Texas to win because both Duggan and Q are banged up. If they didn't have nagging injuries, I don't think so many people would be picking against TCU. But I think they will both be 100% ready for this game. Wiley needs to have a big day too.
I think most people are picking UT just because of a general feeling that we’re due for a loss, and it’s in Austin. It’s damn hard to run the table.

joefrog91

I think most people are picking UT just because of a general feeling that we’re due for a loss, and it’s in Austin. It’s damn hard to run the table.
That's true too. But I've watched a lot of YouTube videos and listened to various shows on Sirius XM radio. Some have said if TCU is healthy, they have more confidence in them playing a full game over Texas.

LisaLT

THIS is correct. It is very hard to run the table in any conference. There usually is that one game that doesn't go your way. Fingers crossed it is not in AUSTIN.

dawg

The computers have been really high on Texas all season. Even a month ago, when Max and QJ were healthy, ESPN's FPI (yeah I know, but it also had us winning every game until this week) only gave us a ~30% chance to win.

Klatt, unlike most talking heads, calls things for the most part how he sees them. He's been very complimentary of us so far (Klatt pushed back very strongly the past two weeks when Cowherd slammed us on his show). Yes, it does help that the CFP is a wholly-owned ESPN production*; would he be as quick or as strong in his criticism of the committee if Fox was paying for it? Not sure. But there are valid reasons why someone might pick wHorn to win and cover:

The stat about the records of road teams vs ranked opponents (IIRC tOSU's win over Pedo was the only one- and they struggled for most of it)... the uncertain status of QJ... Max looking banged up and not himself for two weeks now... Dee Winters out for the 1st half, the half where Texas is strong and we are usually still on the bus... how we struggled for three quarters last week and it took Tceh gifting us three possessions inside their 35 to break the game open...

The only critique I have of his clip was his "well, Texas has to win to be a big-time program, because elite teams win at home. IF they are headed in that direction to be elite, then they'll win." Well... when was the last time wHorn has been elite? 2009? Texas wanting to be elite isn't a reason why they'll win. The argument just as easily goes the other way: TCU wants to be elite, and elite teams go on the road and beat teams ranked below them in November. So therefore TCU goes on the road and does what they've done all season, which is find a way to win.

*Here's hoping the B1G can force the CFP to the market and out of ESPN's sole clutches. It needs to rotate broadcasters: Fox, ESPN, NBC, etc

Wexahu

The computers have been really high on Texas all season. Even a month ago, when Max and QJ were healthy, ESPN's FPI (yeah I know, but it also had us winning every game until this week) only gave us a ~30% chance to win.

Klatt, unlike most talking heads, calls things for the most part how he sees them. He's been very complimentary of us so far (Klatt pushed back very strongly the past two weeks when Cowherd slammed us on his show). Yes, it does help that the CFP is a wholly-owned ESPN production*; would he be as quick or as strong in his criticism of the committee if Fox was paying for it? Not sure. But there are valid reasons why someone might pick wHorn to win and cover:

The stat about the records of road teams vs ranked opponents (IIRC tOSU's win over Pedo was the only one- and they struggled for most of it)... the uncertain status of QJ... Max looking banged up and not himself for two weeks now... Dee Winters out for the 1st half, the half where Texas is strong and we are usually still on the bus... how we struggled for three quarters last week and it took Tceh gifting us three possessions inside their 35 to break the game open...

The only critique I have of his clip was his "well, Texas has to win to be a big-time program, because elite teams win at home. IF they are headed in that direction to be elite, then they'll win." Well... when was the last time wHorn has been elite? 2009? Texas wanting to be elite isn't a reason why they'll win. The argument just as easily goes the other way: TCU wants to be elite, and elite teams go on the road and beat teams ranked below them in November. So therefore TCU goes on the road and does what they've done all season, which is find a way to win.

*Here's hoping the B1G can force the CFP to the market and out of ESPN's sole clutches. It needs to rotate broadcasters: Fox, ESPN, NBC, etc
That we are underdogs is an advantage for us. Not that we were gonna go in there overconfident or anything but maybe having that little chip on our shoulder could help.

As for UT, we like to make fun of them for not being any good, but they are a dangerous team, despite the 3 losses this year.