• The KillerFrogs

YouTube: Clint’s TCU fan review of this past week

BleedNPurple

Because we were 12-1 and Alabama was 10-2. The committee has been incredibly consistent with their rankings and criteria since 2014. We just didn’t understand their criteria back then.

Bama had one more loss and two fewer wins. And their best win was against UT, who we beat by more. There was no way Bama was getting in over TCU, and if they did put Bama in over TCU, the whole country would know the fix was in and they would lose all credibility.

TCU vs Ohio St in 2014 was a completely different animal. 11-1 vs 12-1.
The committee doesn’t care if the whole world knows the fix is in. With this committee they have no qualms with sticking it to teams.

I have no doubt that had any non conference champ blue blood had 1 loss they would have effed us (again) in a heartbeat. I think our fate was sealed when USC lost. But it will always be like thats just your opinion man because it all happens subjectively in a cigar smoke filled back room with the powers that be and their (ESPN) agendas.

tcudoc

Legitimately sorry, my friend! I didn’t see y’all. I can only assume I was doom-scrolling Twitter or in my feelings, ranting to my friends about refs and the CFP committee. We’d also been jeered by several K State fans by the time we got to the car, so I might have glanced out the window and seen purple people happily waving without being able to hear what y’all were saying and assumed that’s what was happening. Again, sorry, I never want to blow anyone off! Thanks for watching.
If you read this in Eminem’s voice with the music for his song “Stan” playing in the background, it is much more entertaining.

Wexahu

I don’t see how anyone could be confident with Herbstreet pushing OSU and Saban pushing Alabama during our HALFTIME the a**hole. Thrilled the stupid committee finally got it right but was never confident. I hope K St mops the floor with Alabama like Utah did so many years ago!
There wasn’t even a question. We were in. What any person says on TV is not relevant, just look at the facts. People getting all worked up over Saban politicking at halftime….SMH. I don’t think you understand how it works.

We lost our CCG and ended up the 3 seed. LOL at all the conspiracy theorists.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
And 2014 was totally defensible. People thinking that was some out of this world screwing aren’t interested in facts at all.
It’s odd, I heard a lot people talking about how indefensible it was all week. One of the better arguments about their 13 data point BS being totally BS. No one advised the B 12 that a 13th game was never outlined as a requirement for the Big 12.

Wexahu

It’s odd, I heard a lot people talking about how indefensible it was all week. One of the better arguments about their 13 data point BS being totally BS. No one advised the B 12 that a 13th game was never outlined as a requirement for the Big 12.
Who? What difference does it make what people say? If Stephen A Smith thinks Alabama should be in the playoff, who cares?

Just consider the facts, forget the team names, and do a side-by-side of all the things they supposedly take in account when assessing resumes. We had a better loss and a pretty flimsy “better point margin against a common opponent” argument. Every other relevant data point (best win, better SOS, more wins over winning teams, outright CC, not to mention a 59-0 victory in the CCG) favored the other team. Totally defensible.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Who? What difference does it make what people say? If Stephen A Smith thinks Alabama should be in the playoff, who cares?

Just consider the facts, forget the team names, and do a side-by-side of all the things they supposedly take in account when assessing resumes. We had a better loss and a pretty flimsy “better point margin against a common opponent” argument. Every other relevant data point (best win, better SOS, more wins over winning teams, outright CC, not to mention a 59-0 victory in the CCG) favored the other team. Totally defensible.
About as much difference as your continual contrarian opinions, I suppose.

That wonderful CCG data point was against a mediocre Wisconsin that also lost to Northwestern. All of your arguments are worthy of moving tOSU up a few spots, but they did absolutely nothing to deserve replacing anyone that was already in place.

The Big 12 nor TCU was ever told they were required to play a CCG prior to the season. There is just no argument that defends dropping a team from a prior position after winning when it was never required to play another game. There was no argument to move tOSU up that far for playing an extra game. Should the have moved up, sure. Should TCU have been passed when they didn’t do a thing provide evidence they weren’t the same exact team they were before the beauty contest took place? You bring up resumes, but the resumes were exactly the same before as before the silly CCGs, especially the Big 10’s where they get a warm up against the west.

Wexahu

About as much difference as your continual contrarian opinions, I suppose.

That wonderful CCG data point was against a mediocre Wisconsin that also lost to Northwestern. All of your arguments are worthy of moving tOSU up a few spots, but they did absolutely nothing to deserve replacing anyone that was already in place.

The Big 12 nor TCU was ever told they were required to play a CCG prior to the season. There is just no argument that defends dropping a team from a prior position after winning when it was never required to play another game. There was no argument to move tOSU up that far for playing an extra game. Should the have moved up, sure. Should TCU have been passed when they didn’t do a thing provide evidence they weren’t the same exact team they were before the beauty contest took place? You bring up resumes, but the resumes were exactly the same before as before the silly CCGs, especially the Big 10’s where they get a warm up against the west.
Wisconsin was 10-2 and ranked #13 going into that game. That'd be like if we had beaten Texas (or heck, K-State) in our CCG 40-0 and saying we beat an average team because Texas had lost to Texas Tech. Ridiculous to say a win like that over a Top 15 team isn't worthy of moving the needle at all. And 3-6 were basically the same going into that last weekend, which the committee chair made very clear. There was a razor thin margin between those teams. You can't say T3rd for all of them so you gotta rank em 3,4,5,6. Granted, I think the committee probably got too cute by putting us at #3 when we were really just sitting ducks, my guess is they'd have made that decision differently.

You know damn well that if we lost to, say, SMU, this year and had finished undefeated in the Big 12, 12-1 and beat K-State 45-0 in our CCG game, there is no scenario in which we get left out for an 11-1 team and all frog fans say, yep, the committee made the right decision. Just no freaking way.

And the Big 12 wasn't required to play the CCG game, it just turned out not playing it cost Baylor or TCU. In some years it definitely helps, but it could actually hurt to play that game too, like USC found out this year. Getting screwed and not getting the outcome you want are two different things.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Wisconsin was 10-2 and ranked #13 going into that game. That'd be like if we had beaten Texas (or heck, K-State) in our CCG 40-0 and saying we beat an average team because Texas had lost to Texas Tech. Ridiculous to say a win like that over a Top 15 team isn't worthy of moving the needle at all. And 3-6 were basically the same going into that last weekend, which the committee chair made very clear. There was a razor thin margin between those teams. You can't say T3rd for all of them so you gotta rank em 3,4,5,6. Granted, I think the committee probably got too cute by putting us at #3 when we were really just sitting ducks, my guess is they'd have made that decision differently.

You know damn well that if we lost to, say, SMU, this year and had finished undefeated in the Big 12, 12-1 and beat K-State 45-0 in our CCG game, there is no scenario in which we get left out for an 11-1 team and all frog fans say, yep, the committee made the right decision. Just no freaking way.

And the Big 12 wasn't required to play the CCG game, it just turned out not playing it cost Baylor or TCU. In some years it definitely helps, but it could actually hurt to play that game too, like USC found out this year. Getting screwed and not getting the outcome you want are two different things.
Your Big 12 CCG comment is total BS to try and bolster your argument. Since nothing said you would be penalized for not having an extra game it should have been a none entity In making the decision.

Again, nothing changed. Neither team did a thing warranting a reexamination of their strength. They were both the same exact teams they were prior to the rearranging based on nothing more than bias, which discussed every time TCU’s name was brought up in the media this week.