• The KillerFrogs

Your top 4 is?

jake102

1) Oregon
2) Alabama
3) FSU
4) MSU

TCU and Baylor are 50/50 for me at the #5 spot. 

Need 'Bama lose to Auburn or Georgia or MSU lose to Ole Miss

Moose Stuff

Endless Purple said:
Do those ranking Florida St think they would win the games or are just deserving because they have not lost yet?
I'm ranking them there because they haven't lost in two years. Clearly they aren't unbeatable but I would ask any TCU fan that disagrees with me if they would feel differently if TCU was Florida St. There's no need to answer.

ifrog

Endless Purple said:
Do those ranking Florida St think they would win the games or are just deserving because they have not lost yet?

They "just win" but they aren't a top four team in my opinion. They would have lost 2-3 games if they were in the Big 12.

But for being the defending champs I have no issue with them being in top 4. I just don't think that they are a top 4 team which  was the OP's question.

fanatical frog

ifrog said:

They "just win" but they aren't a top four team in my opinion. They would have lost 2-3 games if they were in the Big 12.

I agree.     Also,   OU would have won the ACC this year.    Also probably Kansas State and maybe West Virginia.    FSU is undefeated against an underwhelming slate of opponents.

ATC Frog

Hoping for:
1) Oregon
2) FSU
3) Bama
4) TCU

5) Miss St
6) tOSU
7) Baylor

Expecting:
1) Oregon
2) FSU
3) Bama
4) Miss St

5) TCU
6) Baylor
7) tOSU

Metropolis777

My Best 4
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Baylor

Who the Committee Will Pick
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida St
4. Baylor

The committee does not want to put Florida St in there. They are going to be forced to because they're undefeated and the defending national champ. But they know as well as anyone that FSU is not one of the 4 best teams in the country.

Barring implosions by a lot of teams, Ohio St will not make it in there. Despite how good ESPN may be telling them that the Buckeyes are playing now, the committee will punish them for a home loss to a crappy V-Tech. No excuses there.

rifram09

tcudoc wins the prize.  I am literally shocked any frog fan would make that lame [John Wylie Price] argument.  ACC is bad, but it is still a legit power 5 conference.  It isn't like the BE was toward the end of the BCS where everyone pretty much knew they didn't belong.  Moreover, FSU has talent that we only wish we could get.  So TCU looking down at them--WHILE THEY ARE UNDEFEATED-- is laughable. 

Be realistic guys.  Just try.

EDIT:  We're a really good team.  And I think we'd beat them.  But they would by no means be a push-over. 

ifrog

Rifram09 said:
tcudoc wins the prize.  I am literally shocked any frog fan would make that lame [John Wylie Price] argument.  ACC is bad, but it is still a legit power 5 conference.  It isn't like the BE was toward the end of the BCS where everyone pretty much knew they didn't belong.  Moreover, FSU has talent that we only wish we could get.  So TCU looking down at them--WHILE THEY ARE UNDEFEATED-- is laughable. 

EDIT:  We're a really good team.  And I think we'd beat them.  But they would by no means be a push-over. 

You are entitled to your opinion. I dont think it is that shocking that some of us think FSU is not one of the best teams. So get off your high horse.

Good for you. I just don't agree with it. And FWIW I am realistic. I have watched FSU play all year long. I am willing to guess a lot of fans across the nation agree with me about FSU and being in the top 4. Like I said I am fine with it since they won last year. But the OP said name the 4 BEST teams. Nothing laughable about that. 

Also I think we have plenty of talent. How is that talent thing working out for Texas and OU?

rifram09

ifrog - the problem is that it is complete hypocritical for a frog fan to say that.  That is, unless you only became a fan in 2012. 

I get it.  They've had to come from behind against lesser teams 4 or 5 times this year.  Guess what... we just did that and we played Kansas.  That is a worse offense than anything FSU has done this year.  But we won.  So have they... all year long... and last year too.  We lost this year in embarrassing fashion to Baylor.  We should have won but we choked it away.  Now we've played poorly against a doormat Kansas and played WVU too close.  How can you look at FSU and say they don't belong, but look at TCU and say we do belong?  Just eye test?  I call that bias.  So would any objective person. 

I get it, they could very easily lose if they played one of the top teams.  But at the same time, they would have a great shot at beating any of the top teams too.  If FSU loses, I think their SOS drops them to the back of the 1-loss line behind OSU, Baylor, TCU, Miss St. Oregon, Bama (in no order).  But while they remain undefeated, you have to reward that.  Otherwise, lets just not play the games.

fanatical frog

Rifram09 said:

I do too.    BTW,    the Massey composite index,   which most would consider to be objective,    ranks FSU at #6.    I believe that's about right for them.
I think FSU has a really good football team.....agree,   by no means a push over.     I just agree with Massey that they're not a top 4 team.

Endless Purple

I still can't quote.....

Moose, you mention rankings.  This isn't about rankings at all, just who are the best 4 teams right now.  I do agree if the frogs have not lost in two years I would definitely think they should be ranked at the top.  But that does not mean I would say they would beat everybody else.

Many others are making the same comments.  I wonder if FSU is coasting, thus not really trying in their first halves, or are they not able to put together a whole game.  They have not shown to be able to play a whole game, thus I do not think they could when they had to, thus not one of the 4 best teams.