• The KillerFrogs

You know putting the hopes of TCU and the MWC to aggies

YA

Then we are in for a rude awaking. They will screw it up for us. It is their nature and our luck.

Dogfrog

Not sure how Aggy screws anything up for us. If you're talking about losing Utah, I think replacing them with KU / KSU/ or Mizzou looks OK to me.

Baja Frog

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 12 2010, 03:27 PM) [snapback]576171[/snapback]
Not sure how Aggy screws anything up for us. If you're talking about losing Utah, I think replacing them with KU / KSU/ or Mizzou looks OK to me.

Replacing Utah with KSU is ok with you??? Are you being serious? KSU's glory days are over, their basketball program will go back to mediocrity once their coach leaves for a better job and they are located in the middle of nowhere and do not carry any major TV markets. How do you figure?

AEAfrog

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 12 2010, 03:27 PM) [snapback]576171[/snapback]

I think the bigger problem is that A&M to the SEC would shut that door for us forever. Of course, that's only a problem if you want TCU in the SEC. I really can't see Missouri or Kansas coming to the MWC. I think the Big East will be attractive to KU basketball wise and it would surprise me if Missouri did not get picked up by either the Big Ten or SEC. In any event, A&M to the SEC does not but hurt TCU.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(Baja Frog (Viperfrog) @ Jun 12 2010, 03:33 PM) [snapback]576172[/snapback]
Replacing Utah with KSU is ok with you??? Are you being serious? KSU's glory days are over, their basketball program will go back to mediocrity once their coach leaves for a better job and they are located in the middle of nowhere and do not carry any major TV markets. How do you figure?

Having a bad day? You picked KSU out of three possibilities I mentioned. I feel that we have already more than replaced Utah with BSU. Adding two of the three I mentioned (preferably KU and Mizzoui) strengthens the MWC from where it was. Having said that, I don't think Utah's going anywhere anyway.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(AEAfrog @ Jun 12 2010, 03:37 PM) [snapback]576178[/snapback]
I think the bigger problem is that A&M to the SEC would shut that door for us forever. Of course, that's only a problem if you want TCU in the SEC. I really can't see Missouri or Kansas coming to the MWC. I think the Big East will be attractive to KU basketball wise and it would surprise me if Missouri did not get picked up by either the Big Ten or SEC. In any event, A&M to the SEC does not but hurt TCU.

You're making many assumptions about the options KU and Mizzou will have. Also making assumptions about the future strength of the Big East. Football still pays the bills.

AEAfrog

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jun 12 2010, 03:41 PM) [snapback]576183[/snapback]
You're making many assumptions about the options KU and Mizzou will have. Also making assumptions about the future strength of the Big East. Football still pays the bills.

Who isn't making assumptions here?

dweller

Not sure how attractive big least is going to be. All the expansion talk has the Big 10 raiding them within the next couple of years, and the the ACC picking up other parts. KU, Missu, anmd KS could very well wind up in the same spot they are in now if the joined the big least.

fwfrog

I think going to the SEC would be fabulous! That would pump our TV ratings and market share up big time!

Go Frogs!