• The KillerFrogs

Yahoo! Sports: Former 5-star Alabama OT Tommy Brockermeyer predicted to transfer to TCU

Limey Frog

Stars are only for recruits and what is believed to be on-field performance at the collegiate level before it has been proven, correct? I take "former 5 star" as he is no longer a recruit. Maybe I'm wrong...

You're correct. Transfers from anywhere to anywhere are consistently referred to as "former N* recruit [name]".

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Stars Love GIF

Putt4Purple

The only recruits in transfer portal who should be highly ranked are kids who showed it on the field. Brockermeyer barley touched the field in two years. it was written that he had multiple injuries so that may be part of it but he was pushed down the depth chart. Here's to hoping he comes here, stays healthy, and turns it around.
As a twin myself, I know the drive and heart to compete is not any different than from his brother. I’m sure it was injuries that created the issues for him transferring. As a twin the other brother may follow next year. Who knows? Go Frogs!

westoverhillbilly

If we're getting the former 5 star, then his twin was a 4 star- who I predicted we would end up getting to transfer here (shows you how accurate my predictions are).. Maybe Tommy will come in, get healthy with Kaz' nutrition and physical regimen and live up to his full potential and his brother will join him and do the same. This would be a great story and maybe future Brockermeyer generations wouldn't feel the need to go to east egypt.

y2kFrog

Don’t forget Bill O’Brien is the offensive coordinator, so there is a very good chance they were not being used correctly or even given a chance to be used correctly.

froginaustin

(Blake Brockermeyer joined the Mustang staff in April of 2018 and serves as a defensive quality control analyst.) haven’t seen this anywhere. Was he there with dikes?

Why would Brockermeyer hang out with dikes? There are lots of pretty, feminine girls at SMU. or so I’ve heard.

Ron Swanson

Lol, at people who get worked up at people loling at a silly headline

stripes lighten GIF
Except it wasn’t a silly headline, it was an accurate description of the player. They refer to all active players entering the portal as “former 3/4/5-star”. They are no longer that ranking because that was their HS recruit ranking and they are no longer HS recruits.

Just another in the long line of examples of TCU fans thinking the world is out to get them.

HFrog1999

Except it wasn’t a silly headline, it was an accurate description of the player. They refer to all active players entering the portal as “former 3/4/5-star”. They are no longer that ranking because that was their HS recruit ranking and they are no longer HS recruits.

Just another in the long line of examples of TCU fans thinking the world is out to get them.

It was just a joke

Good grief

KMA

Get a life and relax

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.