• The KillerFrogs

Y’all wanna see something weird?

The Tonight Show Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Yes because once youve seen one... no wait thats boobies

LisaLT

Well I'll admit that they've already surpassed most people's expectations by winning that one game. Just trying to pin you down on how good exactly is "for real" and "a lot better than people think." When you're dealing with a team that annually has the lowest of low expectations then these statements could mean a number of different things and certainly being better than people think is about the only possibility since there's almost no way that Kansas can ever be worse than people think.
They were starting to play better last year mid to the end of the year. Their offense started clicking. I’m not saying they are going to win the conference, but they appear to be taking football more seriously now. :)

That QB is decent and he has some playmakers to throw to. Could be a dark horse this year. They play Houston on the road this weekend. If they can win against Houston, I think that is a good indication they are not to be overlooked.

CountryFrog

They were starting to play better last year mid to the end of the year. Their offense started clicking. I’m not saying they are going to win the conference, but they appear to be taking football more seriously now. :)

That QB is decent and he has some playmakers to throw to. Could be a dark horse this year. They play Houston on the road this weekend. If they can win against Houston, I think that is a good indication they are not to be overlooked.
Fair enough. I do agree that they've taken a step up offensively from where they were most of the last 10 years. They could be in the top half of the conference on that side of the ball but will obviously still need to play some level of defense to win more than a couple Big 12 games. That part remains to be seen as well as their ability to sustain injuries on offense throughout the year and play through that.

LisaLT

Fair enough. I do agree that they've taken a step up offensively from where they were most of the last 10 years. They could be in the top half of the conference on that side of the ball but will obviously still need to play some level of defense to win more than a couple Big 12 games. That part remains to be seen as well as their ability to sustain injuries on offense throughout the year and play through that.
Injuries. A problem we all have.
Definitely weaker on the defensive side of the ball. I am rooting for them to do well (except against us of course).

helcap

Kansas has been the Vegas underdog in their last 110. conference games. It will be interesting to watch when (or if) they might break that streak

Last edited:

Purp

A couple? I remember only 1
Maybe you're right. I just remember 2-3 blowouts in a decade of B12 football against the doormat of the conference. They outperform expectations against us nearly every time we face them. And half of those meetings have either been losses or snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. In my head those feel like losses.

Latest posts