• The KillerFrogs

WVU Game Time

Frog DJ

I'm not sure I've seen it debated who sets the times, but rather why certain schools are picked for certain times. Prolly wrong though.
Yeah, it's been bandied back and forth over the years, here - but perhaps not lately.

The networks schedule match ups based on their best estimates for how to garner the highest ratings - nothing more. That's the one and only criteria.

We may not like or agree with their choices, but the networks always have the final say in the matter, and complaining about 11am or 2:30 kickoffs is a waste of time.

There seems to be a small group that cannot accept this fact, and continue to insist that CDC, CGP or TCU can and should do something about it, but the reality is that they can't.

Sorry if my rant was a little over the top.

Go Frogs!

Bob Sugar

I think the networks try to slot the games to give the blue bloods the best chance to make the playoffs, just like how they screwed TCU in 2014 so they could get ratings with Ohio State...

giphy.gif

I mean I love what he does for athletics but I don't buy that for one second. I guess OU and tOSU was a second tier game since it was at night

Edit: while saying that, I bet Patterson is a huge fan as much of a fan he is with staying in routines
Uh, all coaches in all sports are that way

Frog DJ

I think the networks try to slot the games to give the blue bloods the best chance to make the playoffs, just like how they screwed TCU in 2014 so they could get ratings with Ohio State...

giphy.gif
That could be, but even that would be a logical extension of the networks' perceptions about which match ups would create the highest ratings, wouldn't it?

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

Brog

So, getting into the conversation late, what IS the time? Is it 2:30? I know, the experts will quickly tell me to google it, but I like FrogForum better.