• The KillerFrogs

WR has surgery, offer pulled-HS coach bans Purdue

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Purdue not looking good on this one:

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=98

Preston Jackson
BCP

Armwood playmaker, AJ King, who is committed to sign with Purdue on National Signing Day (Wednesday), has had his offer pulled. Armwood offensive coordinator, Evan Davis has confirmed via text. King is recovering from a torn ACL which is an estimated 6 month recovery process. More details to follow. Armwood head coach, Sean Callahan could not be reached for comments at this time.

Callahan said he is so upset with how Purdue has treated King, he has banned the Boilermakers from recruiting on the campus of the two-time state champion Hawks.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/purdue-pulls-scholarship-offer-from-armwoods-king/

cdsfrog

low class. that's pathetic

purdue has sucked for decades, no need to do this. They are going to be a bottom finisher anyways

Scarface

If you are Purdue, it is probably not a good thing to have a high school football coach from Florida saying a lot of bad things about your football program.

Most Big Ten football programs come off as being scared, desperate and clumsey.

Go Frogs!

Army Frog Fan

Who pulled Jeffers offer???

Was a couple years before my time. I worked out with him when I was getting ready for college ball and he was with the Broncos. I am pretty sure someone said he was modestly recruited and after the surgery, everyone stopes talking to him. I know he walked on at UVA. Maybe he didn't have an offer yet, but his recruiting came to a screeching halt, IIRC.

michaelperrytcu

As much as I dislike Texas, Mack Brown is a good guy. There have been several guys over the years that have had career ending injuries, one or two before even setting foot on campus, and Mack has honored all of their scholarships. Bad move for Purdue.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
This is a double whammy for King as Wed is signing day and coaches are in a dead period. The timing is awful for him as no program can contact him and make an offer, he can however reach out to other schools on his own.

Purdue really screwing this kid.

halfwaytoheaven

As much as I dislike Texas, Mack Brown is a good guy. There have been several guys over the years that have had career ending injuries, one or two before even setting foot on campus, and Mack has honored all of their scholarships. Bad move for Purdue.

Yeah, say what you want about Mack, but he knows how to treat his players. Part of the reason he keeps pulling in top-rated recruiting classes. One scholarship is a small price to pay for decency and respect.

froginaustin

Yeah, say what you want about Mack, but he knows how to treat his players. Part of the reason he keeps pulling in top-rated recruiting classes. One scholarship is a small price to pay for decency and respect.
Particularly if the school can put the kid on a medical hardship athletic grant (that's what Mack did with his lineman recruit that had a heart attack in a high school game, after getting a UTx offer) that does NOT count against the 25/85 limit.

InterestedObserver

Was a couple years before my time. I worked out with him when I was getting ready for college ball and he was with the Broncos. I am pretty sure someone said he was modestly recruited and after the surgery, everyone stopes talking to him. I know he walked on at UVA. Maybe he didn't have an offer yet, but his recruiting came to a screeching halt, IIRC.

I'm pretty sure Patrick never got an offer despite alumni of several schools (including TCU) trying to get their respective schools to look at him. When he decided to go to UVA, it wasn't because of football but because he had a sister there and liked the school. However, his sisters boyfriend (now husband) convinced him he should walk-on. That BIL is now the head coach at Tennessee.

That UVA team beat TCU in the Independence Bowl with Jeffers on the team.

arlington

Purdue still offered the kid a greyshirt opportunity, right? Its not like they dropped the kid completely. If he has a 6 month recovery ahead and Purdue expects their frosh to come in and play right away because their team sucks, i can see asking the kid to not report until spring.

oldscribe

I'm pretty sure Patrick never got an offer despite alumni of several schools (including TCU) trying to get their respective schools to look at him. When he decided to go to UVA, it wasn't because of football but because he had a sister there and liked the school. However, his sisters boyfriend (now husband) convinced him he should walk-on. That BIL is now the head coach at Tennessee.

That UVA team beat TCU in the Independence Bowl with Jeffers on the team.
All very true.

Southshore26

Purdue still offered the kid a greyshirt opportunity, right? Its not like they dropped the kid completely. If he has a 6 month recovery ahead and Purdue expects their frosh to come in and play right away because their team sucks, i can see asking the kid to not report until spring.

No... they pulled it completely and they didn't even have the class to do it in person... they made Sean do it. Armwood is one of the top 5 high school programs in Florida... literally about 6 miles from USF. Only public HS program that I know of in FL that has it's own fully functioning field house. Purdue made a bad decision.

mtmedlin

Our source at says hes probably going to Iowa St... Iam really hoping USF jumps in on this kid. Hes a solid WR and beyond the 2 stars they gave him. Armwood is in our backyard and we need to give kids like this a chance. Heres to hoping hes wearing Green and Gold next year!