• The KillerFrogs

Wow how many people know this about

I just noticed Rod Gilmore was the announcer for a TCU game. Who knows which one? He may have done more, but I just noticed he did this one. I actually didn't know he was a broadcaster at this time.

Yeah I know, hence why I made this topic. I thought he came out of the woodwork last year, but I was astonished to see him calling this TCU game.

froginaustin

Rod Gilmore is the tongue-tied TV announcer that shills for the Big Ten et al., and sometimes Boise (that'll end when they're no longer an ESPN property) disparages TCU and the MWC?

I know it's not PC to refer to someone as "tongue-tied", but it's more polite than calling him an [Craig James].

Dogfrog

I don't have the numbers, but didn't Gilmore do color on most of the Boise broadcasts last year? I think ESPN assigned him to be the voice of Boise State. Much of the negative stuff he was saying about TCU was really just part of his attempts to promote Boise over TCU in the polls. You could say he had a self interest in Boise playing for the NC or in a BCS game. But the negative TCU stuff was over the top.