• The KillerFrogs

With a New Season upon us, and a New Coach...

Eight

303d5ae3-754a-4b84-ab2f-0a3e6cb7a765_text.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

TCU (5-7)​

After going 5-7 in 2021, there’s an opening for TCU to take a leap up the Big 12 standings in 2022. The school moved on from longtime head coach Gary Patterson to bring in Sonny Dykes. Dykes is known for coaching high-scoring offenses and he’s got plenty to work with offensively at TCU. Patterson was a defensive-minded head coach, but the Horned Frogs really struggled defensively in recent seasons. The defensive line is a concern, but a renewed focus and approach under a new staff could do that unit — and the program as a whole — a lot of good.

Dykes is a Texas native who has had his eye on this job. He knows the personnel and what TCU is capable of achieving. In 2022 specifically, the conference schedule shakes out rather favorably. TCU has five home games and four road games, one of which is at Kansas. This team should certainly get back to a bowl game and getting up toward 7-5 or 8-4 is very achievable.

Paul in uhh

Will there be a wholesale change of logos? Mascots? Seems like every time there is a big change at the top, it is reflected in labeling and merchandising. With F.A. we got the Flying TCU. With Sully we got the Arched TCU. With Fran we got Steroid Frog.

CDC tried to switch things around with the Lizard Frog
dribbble_icon_-_tcu_logo.jpg
but yanked it after people bitched. I was a fan of the
brand.gif
frog, but that passed quickly.

Whaddya think? Are we about to have to renew our wardrobe?
I would like the upper frog if it wasn’t growling like a dog and if the lines weren’t ultra thick. It looks like an arena football logo.

Froggish

I want to see change every game. More the better. I prefer it when we come out of the tunnel and I'm not sure I'm in the right stadium.

Froginbedford

The khaki pants had a black stripe down the back of each leg. I could go for that.
Hope they can be put on so that stripe is straight....You know our moms and grandmoms had trouble with those silk hose and later nylon hose which the seams during the 1930s and 1940s.....

Strat Frog

Should they ask the players/recruits what they want? And if they did, what TCU logo and mascot-rendering do you think they’d be hyped about?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Should they ask the players/recruits what they want? And if they did, what TCU logo and mascot-rendering do you think they’d be hyped about?
No clue. Probably the wrong person to render an opinion, as my most hated uni combo (Khaki camo) is the one the kids apparently love the most.

Like Deep, I kind of hold with a standard look. But there needs to be a "special" look for those special games, like when ND pulls out the Green Jerseys. We had that for a while with the Black Jerseys, but then everybody and their D2 was whupping out the black, and it sort of lost it's cachet. Now it's moved to the Chrome look, which I rather like, save for the chrome numbers.

I would imagine Nike is already cooking up something new and innovative for the Season, and we'll see some looks probably a week or so before the CU match.