• The KillerFrogs

WildFrog needs to be retired...at least while we have Delton...

Punter1

Anything inside the 5 or 3rd or 4th and short Delton needs to be in there.

Dude is a strong, smart runner that at least gives the defenses something to think about in terms of throwing...and definitely divides the attention of the defense in the run game. .

I'm hoping we have some stored away plays for Big 12 action with Delton, Jet and Sewo all on the field at once...hopefully last's nights WildFrog was giving future defenses something to look at that they already knew.

Moose Stuff

Anything inside the 5 or 3rd or 4th and short Delton needs to be in there.

Dude is a strong, smart runner that at least gives the defenses something to think about in terms of throwing...and definitely divides the attention of the defense in the run game. .

I'm hoping we have some stored away plays for Big 12 action with Delton, Jet and Sewo all on the field at once...hopefully last's nights WildFrog was giving future defenses something to look at that they already knew.

Max runs pretty well too. And so far he’s been decisive and made good reads.

Horned Toad

Can Sewo pass a little? That would open up that Wildfrog a lot.
The threat of a pass is what makes the Wild whatever it’s called play successful. I don’t recall us ever throwing a pass out of it so when the opposing D sees that alignment they are 99.9% sure we are going to run. Sewo needs to pop one or two over the defenses head and that play will become more successful. Might as well keep a QB in the game and keep the pass threat. Right now we are lucky to get a half yard on the play.

Wexahu

From what I can tell, the difference between Delton and Duggan as far as their running ability is very minimal at best. Duggan can execute all the QB runs just as effectively as Delton IMO. Honestly, I thought Delton was going to be more of a threat running the ball than he has been. At this point would much prefer to see Collins get reps before Delton.

Moose Stuff

The threat of a pass is what makes the Wild whatever it’s called play successful. I don’t recall us ever throwing a pass out of it so when the opposing D sees that alignment they are 99.9% sure we are going to run. Sewo needs to pop one or two over the defenses head and that play will become more successful. Might as well keep a QB in the game and keep the pass threat. Right now we are lucky to get a half yard on the play.

I can’t remember the game (maybe KSU) but we did run a reverse/WR sweep out of it last year with DeMercado and Reagor.

Punter1

Delton is pretty much a RB at this point....and with Sewo and Jet in the backfield, Jalen and Barber somewhere in motion with Wells or a FB is what I would be lining up with in anything short yardage...

Punter1

I’m honestly amazed more teams haven’t stopped that play when we do it. We rarely pass from it and 99.99999999999% of the time we run to the right in it. Seems so predictable.

It’s Cumbie’s 2nd favored play inside the ten, that galdarn fade being the first.

I totally agree, better defenses (will we play any?) will surely stop that by overloading that side.....which is why I'd like to see Delton in there to give us some variety.

Plus...It seems that Sewo only does that risky stretch out the ball move outta the Wildcat. Shocked he hasn't lost the ball yet on that...

ThisIsOurTime

Max runs pretty well too. And so far he’s been decisive and made good reads.
Max gets punished at the end of a lot of his runs. It would be best to limit his runs until later in his career when he has put on some additional weight and learns better to get down and limit the contact. I actually would prefer them to limit the read options and similar plays where the defense will force him to keep the ball rather than pitch. Our RBs are much better runners and we should take advantage of that.

Latest posts