• The KillerFrogs

Why was Max pulled?

They say he went in for xrays but with the exchange with Kill it looked like they were arguing and then Kenny Hill came over to talk to Max. If he truly got x rays that was the fastest x ray in and out on the planet but maybe that is really what happened. If they pulled Max to give Downing a series and let him throw the ball then someone should be accountable.
That is what I think happened. Announcers made it sound like he was being pulled. If They were taking him in for evaluation why stay and talk to KH? I didn't see any discussion or video of him going to locker room. I suppose I could bring myself to re-watch that part of the game but I swear they showed Max's reaction on the sidelines after the pick six.

They pulled him, because Jarrett Anderson coaches the OL and they don't block for crap. You can't keep getting hit the way Max does.

If I was Max's parents, I'd take every OL out for steaks, then ask them to request JA resign from the position. Just to save my son.
Don't disagree and I realize somewhat facetious, but then why put him back in. They certainly didn't block any better after Max sat for two series.
We ostensibly lost to ISU because Downing played the first half, this one because Downing came in (pick 6), and last year was a train wreck at because we played a worthless transfer ahead of Max for a few games. What is going on in the QB room?

That is what I think happened. Announcers made it sound like he was being pulled. If They were taking him in for evaluation why stay and talk to KH? I didn't see any discussion or video of him going to locker room. I suppose I could bring myself to re-watch that part of the game but I swear they showed Max's reaction on the sidelines after the pick six.
Although my timeline was off (someone pointed out it was after the first series of the second half), I definitely saw him head in and come back out from the locker room). Doesn’t mean that there were not two separate things going on—he wasn’t playing so they took him in for an exam. I couldn’t see the deal with Kill from the stands but when I rewatched the game last night it did look like there may have been more to it than what I was able to observe from the stands.

Pharm Frog

If he left the field or didn’t leave the field makes no difference. It was clear from the conversation with Kill that he wasn’t being told to hurry his butt to the locker room for additional examination. I strongly expect that had that been the topic of discussion we’d have seen Max immediately sprint for the locker room instead of engaging in further conversation with KH while appearing to be pissed off. Something was said to him beyond “Get checked out and we’ll hold down the fort until we’re certain you are okay to play.”

If he left the field or didn’t leave the field makes no difference. It was clear from the conversation with Kill that he wasn’t being told to hurry his butt to the locker room for additional examination. I strongly expect that had that been the topic of discussion we’d have seen Max immediately sprint for the locker room instead of engaging in further conversation with KH while appearing to be pissed off. Something was said to him beyond “Get checked out and we’ll hold down the fort until we’re certain you are okay to play.”
That’s my take and [ What the heck? ]? Yeah he was playing crappy but it’s hard to qb when you have one potato to get rid of the ball before it’s run for your life time. Kid took a beating and got us a chance to tie when which we pissed away by running the ball to start a 95 yard drive with a minute left.