• The KillerFrogs

While we were upset with K-State loss, they turn around and

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
upset No. 7 OU last night in the Little Apple. Looks like they have suddenly come to life.

That after OSU beat Tech on Monday. Texas beat KU last night, and Baylor edged Iowa State in their first game in three weeks.

It is a conference that beats up on itself, and beats up on us.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I think that everybody goes home and everything quietly shuts down and gathers dust after the B12 Tourney. Just a grotesque season.

Perhaps Dixon can wheel in a big casket, and they can write down their mistakes and toss them in...

jake102

Everyone always talks about how strong the Big 12 is in basketball, but when it comes to tournament time, we don’t exactly back it up for the most part. Maybe this year will be different, who knows.

I certainly don't follow college basketball that closely, but believe it was only 1-2 tournaments ago (remember that last year's season was cancelled) that Tech was in the finals and choked away the NC. Also - I think the Big 12 has been super deep in recent years, but not very top heavy. Whole lot of NCAA tourny quality teams but not necessarily elite teams.(although my Tech example disproves that some)

Unfortunately the Big 12 is relying on Baylor to go deep this year.

Pharm Frog

What I’ve witnessed is a lot of crappy basketball. This conference and other conferences. Maybe the Big 12 is less crappy from top to bottom than other conferences. Don’t know. Not sure that I care. Kinda moved on.

Ron Swanson

I certainly don't follow college basketball that closely, but believe it was only 1-2 tournaments ago (remember that last year's season was cancelled) that Tech was in the finals and choked away the NC. Also - I think the Big 12 has been super deep in recent years, but not very top heavy. Whole lot of NCAA tourny quality teams but not necessarily elite teams.(although my Tech example disproves that some)

Unfortunately the Big 12 is relying on Baylor to go deep this year.
And Tech could/should have won that game against UVA (IIRC).

Just hate to see it

FrogAbroad

upset No. 7 OU last night in the Little Apple. Looks like they have suddenly come to life.

That after OSU beat Tech on Monday. Texas beat KU last night, and Baylor edged Iowa State in their first game in three weeks.

It is a conference that beats up on itself, and beats up on us.

That's part of the reason we were invited to join this conference. A reasonably respectable and generally non-threatening beatee in the fourth-largest MSA in the country, good transportation in and out, little competition for the good seats in nicely-appointed venues (well, maybe not so much the Lupton, but...). The "Dallas Area" will put lots of eyeballs on the revenue-producing TV screens so the conference leaders, OU and TU, can easily advertise their programs to an audience craving sports entertainment.

Yeah, we may be at or close to the front with Rifle and Equestian, but we didn't, don't and likely never will pose a threat in the real money-makers, Football and Men's Basketball.

I will never believe TCU was invited to the party because we were considered consistently competitive in the "big" sports. And when it's time to re-slice the revenue pie in 2024 we just may have to check on bus fares to San Jose and Albuquerque.

Ron Swanson

That's part of the reason we were invited to join this conference. A reasonably respectable and generally non-threatening beatee in the fourth-largest MSA in the country, good transportation in and out, little competition for the good seats in nicely-appointed venues (well, maybe not so much the Lupton, but...). The "Dallas Area" will put lots of eyeballs on the revenue-producing TV screens so the conference leaders, OU and TU, can easily advertise their programs to an audience craving sports entertainment.

Yeah, we may be at or close to the front with Rifle and Equestian, but we didn't, don't and likely never will pose a threat in the real money-makers, Football and Men's Basketball.

I will never believe TCU was invited to the party because we were considered consistently competitive in the "big" sports. And when it's time to re-slice the revenue pie in 2024 we just may have to check on bus fares to San Jose and Albuquerque.
tenor.gif

Eight

7 of the 10 teams are ranked. When has that ever happened?

let me know when the level of comp reaches prime big east state with georgetown and ewing, st john's, villanova, uconn, etc... if we are talking about "history" and i am sure the acc can provide us a season or two that tops it as well

big 12 has one really good/ great team and that is baylor and after that they have good teams, but i will take the big 10 with a top group of michigan, ohio state, illinois, and iowa as a better top group.

big 12 isn't as good as it has been in years past, but we keep trotting that out. interesting thing is supposedly playing in the sec in football helps teams recruit etc...but playing basketball in the big 12 is supposedly a detriment to the frogs for some reason

let me know when the level of comp reaches prime big east state with georgetown and ewing, st john's, villanova, uconn, etc... if we are talking about "history" and i am sure the acc can provide us a season or two that tops it as well

big 12 has one really good/ great team and that is baylor and after that they have good teams, but i will take the big 10 with a top group of michigan, ohio state, illinois, and iowa as a better top group.

big 12 isn't as good as it has been in years past, but we keep trotting that out. interesting thing is supposedly playing in the sec in football helps teams recruit etc...but playing basketball in the big 12 is supposedly a detriment to the frogs for some reason
Well, that's like, your opinion, man.