• The KillerFrogs

While Watching A Replay Of Last Night

Frog DJ

RGII and Baylor seemed to experience the same kind of perfect storm scenario TCU enjoyed in Salt Lake City, last year.

Everything - and I mean everything seemed to go their way until the fourth quarter resurgence.

Of course, the difference way TCU won by 40 points, and BU won by 2.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

Pharm Frog

RGII and Baylor seemed to experience the same kind of perfect storm scenario TCU enjoyed in Salt Lake City, last year.

Everything - and I mean everything seemed to go their way until the fourth quarter resurgence.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

If the point you are making is just how impressive it is that a team can put together back-to-back undefeated regular seasons, then I agree with you. To avoid catching a team on a "career night" or experience an internal let-down that can't be overcome before the horn is extraordinary. To have it happen two years in a row goes well beyond extraordinary in today's college football environment. And this a testimony to how special this program has become. Now we'll see if resiliency is an additional quality of the program.

Frog DJ

Candidly, that was not the point I was trying to make Pharm, but it's a darn good one, nonetheless.

This program has become very special, and there are many more special moments in TCU's future.

Actually, I was trying to say Baylor was getting all the breaks, calls, replays, big play-saving shoestring tackles and most of all, critically accurate passes TCU got in Utah last season, but the difference between the Bears and the Frogs was the Utes weren't able to stage a heart-stopping comeback in the late stages, to threaten the outcome of the game.

It's small consolation, but we take what we can get after last night.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

Leap Frog

Someone who watched on tv, please comment on 3 plays.
The out-of -bounds hit on TCU side of field that wasn't called'
The re-spot of the ball late that probably cost us a td.
The chop block late that took away first down inside the 5.

Never prouder of the fight in Frogs last night. Mistakes,yes, but no give up. This team will improve by game 2 or 3- mark it down.

Lone Frog

Never prouder of the fight in Frogs last night. Mistakes,yes, but no give up. This team will improve by game 2 or 3- mark it down.

1. It was an out-of-bounds hit that wasn't called. What else is there to say?
2. That was bull. They respotted the ball and took away a legitimate first down. We barely made it, but we did. I ran it back and rewatched it half a dozen times. It was a good first down.
3. That was a legitimate call, from what I could see. Just came at the worst possible time.

$mooth

1. Close, but should've been flagged.
2. Disagree. On replay it looked clear that we were well short. Good call by the replay ump.
3. Defender wasn't engaged when Wesley clipped him, but Im not familiar with the details of the rule. Something about only clipping on the blocker's adjacent side of the field.

Frog DJ

Leap - I was there, and I've now watched the replay on DVR.

The out-of-bounds hit on the TCU side of the field should have been called, but not necessarily on the first man, but the second. The first BU tackler made contact right on the out-of-bounds line, but the second was way outside the lines, in my opinion.

The re-spot was too close to overturn, for my thinking. There may have been keys the official in the booth saw that remained unexplained to make me feel otherwise, but - if so, they weren't explained.

The chop block was a legitimate call, as far as I could tell.

I agree - I was devastated TCU didn't complete the comeback bid, but immensely proud they didn't tuck tail and accept defeat. Yes, big improvement is on the way. Moreover, we saw the growing up of a QB. The Casey Pachall we saw in the fourth quarter was an entirely different player than the one who started the game.

Just my nickel minus three.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

InterestedObserver

The out of bounds hit was a bad missed call.

The re-spot was absolutely correct. They missed it by a yard the first time around.

The chop block I didn't really see, but holding could have been called against either team on just about every play. In a few instances there were some bad miss-calls both ways in this regard as well.

The camera guys working that game were pretty awful in my opinion.

I felt the officiating was poor, but that no team really got an advantage from the poor calls.

The one thing that really surprised me last night was that Baylor ran the ball so effortlessly in the first half. I believe that BU RB had over 100 yards by halftime. I felt Briles out-coached CGP for the first 2 and a half quarters, then managed to out-coach himself. Baylor took the foot off the gas and TCU took full advantage. The momentum shift was pretty dramatic.

It was an exciting game that could have gone either way. The Frogs are young and will improve as the season progresses. It's just hard to replace 25ish seniors who had such great successes.

In the end, I think this loss might be good for these young guys. CGP has always thrived on finding things to motivate teams. I'd imagine this loss will be used in that regard for some time to come.

tcudoc

On the first OOB late hit. The replay looked to me like it was a good call. The runner lost balance at the end which made it look more dramatic than it was. I thought it was the right "no call."
The re-spot looked good as well. On the live play, it appeared he was stopped well short. He got a generous spot that was correctly reversed.
Chop block call-not sure about that one. Not familiar with the rules enough to comment.
In addition, the call on the receiver for excessive celebration seemed excessive, but I think it was related to the "slashing" motion, though it was a little low across the lower chest to be considered what I thought that rule was intended for (the slash motion across the neck).

oldscribe

Leap - I was there, and I've now watched the replay on DVR.

The out-of-bounds hit on the TCU side of the field should have been called, but not necessarily on the first man, but the second. The first BU tackler made contact right on the out-of-bounds line, but the second was way outside the lines, in my opinion.

The re-spot was too close to overturn, for my thinking. There may have been keys the official in the booth saw that remained unexplained to make me feel otherwise, but - if so, they weren't explained.

The chop block was a legitimate call, as far as I could tell.

I agree - I was devastated TCU didn't complete the comeback bid, but immensely proud they didn't tuck tail and accept defeat. Yes, big improvement is on the way. Moreover, we saw the growing up of a QB. The Casey Pachall we saw in the fourth quarter was an entirely different player than the one who started the game.

Just my nickel minus three.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!
DJ, not only was the fourth quarter Casey not the one who started the game; a bunch of other guys in their first college games or first time to play this much also were different by the end of the game, and will be next week.

Opintel

Moderators
DJ, not only was the fourth quarter Casey not the one who started the game; a bunch of other guys in their first college games or first time to play this much also were different by the end of the game, and will be next week.
You bet'cha, Scribe! This was a loss on the scoreboard, but a big win for turning this group into a team. A whole lot of those young guys grew up some last night.

We're going to be fine, In CGP (and Staff) We Trust.

PurpleBlood87

Go Frogs! Do It Now!
I see no comparison because Baylor's defense played poorly and a perfect storm wouldn't have left a team needed a field goal with just over a minute to play to win.