• The KillerFrogs

Where we ranked next week?

Mean Purple

The rankings are [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] as usual.
AP has 6 teams ranked that are not even playing until weeks from now. You don't reward midwest candy asses with something for nothing.
Auburn is ranked 13 after having their ass violently handed to them on Saturday.
For folks who don't say this all does not matter in the end, you have not been watching since the College Football Invitational (CFP) was impelentmented. They pushed the early leaders off those rankings and it was dang hard to move them ... until they wanted to put one of their espn brands in and move someone out.
But ranking people 5 weeks into the season who have not seen a snap because they were playing politics, that's just some laughable [ Finebaum ] right there.

CountryFrog

I'm not a fan at all of the teams who still haven't played a game being ranked. Preseason rankings are a joke but at least every team is in the same spot having not played. Continuing to put a team in your rankings for 2 months without having seen them play a single game is ludicrous.

Kiss my pumpkin ass 2020

Eight

I'm not a fan at all of the teams who still haven't played a game being ranked. Preseason rankings are a joke but at least every team is in the same spot having not played. Continuing to put a team in your rankings for 2 months without having seen them play a single game is ludicrous.

Kiss my pumpkin ass 2020

the rankings are not about accuracy, but marketing

CountryFrog

the rankings are not about accuracy, but marketing
Agree, at least up until the very last rankings.

Even from a marketing perspective though it doesn't make sense. Wouldn't you rather have your rankings filled with teams who are actively playing games so that more games have more ranked matchups? Instead what we have is a quarter of the ranked teams being on a perpetual off week for 2+ months.

Eight

Agree, at least up until the very last rankings.

Even from a marketing perspective though it doesn't make sense. Wouldn't you rather have your rankings filled with teams who are actively playing games so that more games have more ranked matchups? Instead what we have is a quarter of the ranked teams being on a perpetual off week for 2+ months.

think there is the belief that conversation is good which motivates some of the decisions