• The KillerFrogs

When Auburn Give back the trophy they cheated to get

BleedNPurple

Technically we should but given the reality of USC's recent surrendering we won't. We are the top undefeated team from 2010 after the NCAA pulls the trophy which should happen sometime in fall of 2012. Oregon did lose to Auburn - eligible or not so they certainly don't deserve it. We of course have full right now to claim the 2010/2011 Natl Championship! Perhaps a ticker tape parade is in order?

Sponger

Agree that i wouldn't want it this way. I imagine if/when AU gets it stripped, there will be an asteric by TCU's #2 finish. Although, I bet 20 years from, TCU will claim the 2010 National Championship if Auburn get's it stripped.

Opintel

Moderators
Agree that i wouldn't want it this way. I imagine if/when AU gets it stripped, there will be an asteric by TCU's #2 finish. Although, I bet 20 years from, TCU will claim the 2010 National Championship if Auburn get's it stripped.
You do know that if Mack Daddy were in CGP's shoes, he would immediately have rings made and buy a display case for their "new" MNC trophy. :mellow:

maximilian

Just because Oregon lost to Auburn doesn't mean they obviously don't deserve it. Auburn played with an ineligible player. Oregon was undefeated other than that. They would have just as much a claim as we would.

It will remain vacant, as it should. I don't want a national title like that.

Frogo

Just because Oregon lost to Auburn doesn't mean they obviously don't deserve it. Auburn played with an ineligible player. Oregon was undefeated other than that. They would have just as much a claim as we would.

OK. I'd settle for co-National Champs. (In their hearts, Oregon would know they didn't deserve it.)

froginaustin

I wouldn't be interested in or proud of a so-called MNC, awarded because teams above us in the final beauty contest polls were ruled ineligible after the games were all played.

I'm not so sure Auburn will lose its MNC. They're pretty cagy about covering up cheating in Auburn's conference, although 'Bama did get in a jamb a few years ago.

Oregon, on the other hand, had some dealings that have become smelly, with that street agent and (at least) a couple of running backs from our fair State. It's my guess that if Oregon payed for players, they more likely to be found out than Auburn is.
:laugh:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If the NCAA had the least shred of credibility, Auburn and Scam Newton would not have been anywhere near the MNC. But...

Nothing will happen, except perhaps a gargantuan penalty against Donkey State for allowing potential recruits to sleep on the couches of current players and not counting and reporting the "financial expenditure" of such sleep-overs to the NCAA.

Opintel

Moderators
If the NCAA had the least shred of credibility, Auburn and Scam Newton would not have been anywhere near the MNC. But...

Nothing will happen, except perhaps a gargantuan penalty against Donkey State for allowing potential recruits to sleep on the couches of current players and not counting and reporting the "financial expenditure" of such sleep-overs to the NCAA.
Let's see - X number of Kelvins, times the heating and/or cooling expense to nullify them...

That's about 14 cents. :unsure:

Oh, the horror!

asleep003

Good take....

Endless Purple

Technically we should but given the reality of USC's recent surrendering we won't. We are the top undefeated team from 2010 after the NCAA pulls the trophy which should happen sometime in fall of 2012. Oregon did lose to Auburn - eligible or not so they certainly don't deserve it. We of course have full right now to claim the 2010/2011 Natl Championship! Perhaps a ticker tape parade is in order?
I don't think the NCAA has the power to strip the trophy. They can take away the win, but the BCS has to remove them from the title don't they?

The question is not just why did the NCAA let them play, which we all know. A lot of smoke but only hearsay on whether he was paid by Auburn.

However, The SEC has a hard rule that made Cam ineligible which they chose not to enforce. Under SEC rules, Cam became ineligible as soon as his dad asked for money from any SEC school. That was proven. Auburn should never have been in the SEC title game or SEC champs.